Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Wii MotionPlus

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333206

link
Nintendo's upcoming Wii MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player’s arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo’s commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.
So this device says to me "Well, the Wii didn't really work the way we wanted it to in the first place, but now it does. Give us more money." Is this gonna make Red Steel good?
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333208

• MaternalBloom
Great now we can expect the Nintendo conference to be all about this stupid contraption.

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333209

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
To put it in AGI terms, "what a colossal ripoff!"I'm sorry, it's bad enough they create a subpowered overpriced console that only has 1st party software worth a d@mn (limited at that), they release a $100 piece of plastic for crappy exercise games (go outside fatty) and now this. I wonder if they'll bundle some terrible software with it for $20? Someone cue the koolaid man, oh wait, someone has to the tune of way too many millions in sales. I just don't get it.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333210

I hate on the Wii all the time, but what the hell is your guys' problem? They're making the Wiimote how it should've been all this time. When the Wii's motion controls were announced for the first time, I imagined having stuff like Police 911 and that one motion-controlled samurai game in your own living room. Of course, we didn't get that, but now we can. Maybe I'll buy a Wii if these turn out how I'm hoping.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333211

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
Violence in HD;333210 wrote:
I hate on the Wii all the time, but what the hell is your guys' problem? They're making the Wiimote how it should've been all this time. When the Wii's motion controls were announced for the first time, I imagined having stuff like Police 911 and that one motion-controlled samurai game in your own living room. Of course, we didn't get that, but now we can. Maybe I'll buy a Wii if these turn out how I'm hoping.
If it's free, that's fine, if they charge for it there is no difference between this and Sony charging for the rumble controllers except for maybe the price. It's bs.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333212

This might be the reason Ubisoft delayed Red Steel 2 and hit the reset button on it. Ubisoft is a good developer when they actually put effort and because they reset the project from scratch I have to say that this one has a chance of being very good.
[gamercard]JimPatrick[/gamercard]"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised.""Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333213

Maybe if they bundle it with Wii Sports 2...
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Wii MotionPlus 11 years 1 month ago #333382

• GenoBaby
  • Level 3
I love the Wii... thought it worked well... and now something to make it work better is a rip off? Some of you sound like ya'll are hating just for the sake of hating.
[gamercard]GenoBaby[/gamercard]
Wii Friend Code:2318.4498.0085.8219Mario Kart Wii:3093.8081.6357Super Smash Bros. Brawl:0430.9284.6063Mario Kart DS:2020.0636.2464Animal Crossing: Wild Worlds:3265.6088.8405

Wii MotionPlus 10 years 2 weeks ago #375458

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I've been playing wii sports resort, and I gotta say the wii motion plus kind of really really sucks. It does have 1:1 motion sensing, when you are only twisting your wrist. But in my time with it, it needs to be recalibrated way too frequently and gets off center when moved around fast. I hope that developers will be able to get more out of it, but I really don't notice that much of a difference than what I was doing before and I really really REALLY don't want to keep pausing to recalibrate my controller every few minutes.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Wii MotionPlus 10 years 2 weeks ago #375474

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I've had to recalibrate it a few times, but not that often at all. I think it's awesome as hell. The sword fighting is addictive as fuck and everything is so much more responsive.Maybe you got a defective one? You should take it back and see if you can get one that doesn't lose calibration so often.
  • Page: