Forum

TOPIC: Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports.

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230793

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230801

i still cannot find out from anywhere whether or not there will be a pre-order :(i'm camping out if there isn't
- six years and counting, damn -

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230803

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Emptythought wrote:
i still cannot find out from anywhere whether or not there will be a pre-order :(i'm camping out if there isn't
I'm damn near willing to campout myself.$250?? Hopefully with two Wii controllers??
News - Wii launch details announced!Posted by Richard Brownell at 12:41:59 AM EST on 9.14.2006.Typically, when a video game company has a major announcement, they might let some press outlets know about it beforehand, but put the information on embargo. This sometimes involves legally binding NDAs. But if such an agreement was penned with Seattle PI/The New York Times, they couldn't care less. They just stole the Wii press event's thunder and announced the Wii launch details. The Wii will be released on November 19 in North and South America and will cost $250 in the United States. 4 million units will be shipped worldwide, far exceeding the shipments of Sony's PlayStation 3. 25-30 games will be available for the Wii this year. As many speculated, Wii Sports will be packed in with every system. Four sports will be included - tennis, baseball, golf, and bowling. Super Mario Galaxy, as many also speculated, will not be available until 2007. Nintendo will make about 30 classic games available for download via Virtual Console when the Wii is released, including games from the Zelda, Mario, and Donkey Kong franchises. Downloadable games will cost about $5 to $10 each. The price of retail Wii games will be $50, $10 less than Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 games. "Our goal is to bring gaming back to the masses," Reggie Fils-Aime, president and chief operating officer of Nintendo of America, said in a telephone interview. "You see that in our pricing, you see that in the number of units we plan to make available this year and you see that in how we are positioning the Wii to appeal to every member of the household, including but not limited to the hard-core gamer." A surprise from Nintendo is that they will be including "channels," which are meant to appeal to casuals who don't consider themselves gamers. A photo channel allows users to use the Wii to display photos on their TV. There will also be an interactive news channel and a weather channel. Additionally, the Wii will come with a built-in web browser, most likely Opera. "We are including all of these capabilities as part of our overall strategy to expand the gaming market," Fils-Aime said. "Broadening the market is important because it will breathe new life into this business. Otherwise, this industry is moving down a path of being more and more limited to the hard-core gamer." Lots of Wii news from the Times. The official announcements will come Thursday at an event in New York City. Prior to that (not long now) will be a Japanese event.Source: The New York Times via Seattle PI
Source: GAF.comKickass!! They actually packed in Wii Sports like many have hoped (I bet Arandar hates he can't post now).
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230804

"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230805

• The_Raven
  • Stage A - 2
The VIdeos. Are. AMAZING. Check out the freaken photo editing ones! That's some Apple shiznit right there.

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230806

Wii + Zelda for me on the 19th.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230807

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I cant see the videos :< I cant click on anything

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230808

• Yama86
  • Level 8
Damn......only White at launch. I wanted to get a Black one. Oh, well.
It\'s such a fine line between stupid, and clever. --David St. Hubbins

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230810

Additional news from Joystiq
  • Confirmed price of $249.99 on Nov. 19 in U.S. with Wii Sports pack-in. Worldwide debut is in U.S. Reggie: "One price, one config, one color: white." Included in box seems similar to Japanese system, besides Wii Sports.
  • Games will cost roughly $49.99.
  • Virtual console games will be $5 for NES, $8 for SNES, $10 for N64. Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda at launch.
  • Thirty titles in U.S. by year's end, about half at launch. Launch games include (compiled from GoNintendo/Engadget): The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Excite Truck, Trauma Center, Madden 07, Need for Speed: Carbon, Elebits, Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz, Metal Slug Anthology, Rayman: Raving Rabids, Red Steel, Barnyard, Cars, Avatar, Blazing Angels, Far Cry: Vengeance.
Continue reading for more direct from the press conference.
  • 10:01 AM EST [update 1]: The remote will sell for $39.99, the nunchuck for $19.99. Gamecube version of Zelda will come out Dec. 11, after the Wii version on Nov. 19.
  • 10:04 a.m. EST [update 2]: Nintendo again pledges 6 million units worldwide by March 31. The U.S. will get the bulk of units, sold at 25,000 [typo fixed] distribution points.
  • 10:07 a.m. EST [update 3]: Metroid Prime 3 won't come out until 2007.
  • 10:10 a.m. EST [update 4]: Pokemon will be the first online game, ready for Dec. 2 launch in Japan, "shortly thereafter" in U.S.
  • 10:15 a.m. EST [update 5]: The press conference is over. Our man Chris will be roaming the demo floor and posting pics and impressions all day. Peace!
  • 10:18 a.m. EST [update 6]: Some more launch details up top from Engadget.
  • 10:24 a.m. EST [update 7]: Tidbits from GoNintendo -- all first-party games are widescreen, third-party games could be more than $59.99. From Engadget -- the picture editor can play videos.
  • 10:26 a.m. EST [update 8]: From Kotaku's liveblogging -- 2000 Wii points = $24 Canadian ($20 American).
Also links to Wii videos

Offical Wii Price: 250$, Ships with Wii Sports. 12 years 10 months ago #230811

I can't believe we gotta wait till Nov 19th. So far away!
[gamercard]JustinSAN3[/gamercard]