Forum

TOPIC: PS3 RPGs

PS3 RPGs 7 years 6 months ago #396510

• Mayor Young
  • Administrator
Hey folks,So as some of you know I got a PS3 recently. I know the system has a few exclusives that I should check out like God of War stuff and Uncharted but if I'm not mistaken PS3 has a few JRPG offerings that don't make it to other consoles. Anyone got any good suggestions for RPGs exclsive to PS3? Anything turned based would be highly appreciated though I'm open to action or strategy offerings as well. Basically anything you guys think is good. :-)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PS3 RPGs 7 years 6 months ago #396511

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I highly, highly recommend Valkyria Chronicles. It has a very cool and unique combat system, plus I love the art style.Demon's Souls is that tough hardcore action RPG, but now that you can get Dark Souls on both consoles it's not as unique.3D Dot Game Heroes if you want something like Zelda.. I haven't played it but White Knight Chronicles is supposedly another good exclusive.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

PS3 RPGs 7 years 6 months ago #396512

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I would recommend Valkyria Chronicles as well. I'm playing the sequel on the PSP now and I love the combat system.Demon's Souls, one of the best combat systems I've ever played. It really requires you to know how to wield your weapons.Traditional JRPGs are kind of hard to come by on the console this generation. I remember the PS2 games where shelves would be filled with JRPGs.

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396583

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Just downloaded the demo for Kingdom of Amulor which looks like it's gonna be a cool RPG from the videos I've seen.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396589

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
It's supposedly a combo of Fable II and Skyrim, which is awesome as I like both quite a bit, but I'm still playing Skyrim. Maybe over the summer I'll give it a shot.

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396600

• Nivea
  • Stage B - 3
Everyone hit the nail on the head with Valkyria Chronicles. I picked it up one day and instantly fell in love. It has it's flaws, but never before have I actually cared so much about characters in a jrpg. I would sit in battles for hours just to make sure I didn't lose any of favorite characters because once they're gone, they're gone for good.Kingdom of Amulor looks pretty good. It's a local company for me so I support you all buying it.
AKA Speaker

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396605

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Just finished the Kingdom of Amulor demo and really liked it and may pick it up after finsihing some games I have now. It's my kind of RPG (sort of like Fable a bit). There was some audio problems in this demo that I hope are fixed in the retail version.

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396608

• True
  • Stage A - 1
Mass Effect 3 demo was said to up on the PSN. About to check it out before going to bed.

PS3 RPGs 7 years 5 months ago #396610

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
If you want to dig a little bit into the past games Folklore is a nice one.