Forum

TOPIC: My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 8 months ago #396244

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
It is from that show but the clip is someone singing about the YLODHope this one works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGisPgNbwo&feature=related
The administrator has disabled public write access.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 8 months ago #396265

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Rob Himself;396244 wrote:
It is from that show but the clip is someone singing about the YLODHope this one works http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyGisPgNbwo&feature=related
LOL yeah I saw that before.I think that the Launch PS3's are all probably dying from YLOD now and is probably as extensive as the RROD. I know when I took my PS3 in for repair there were 2 other people standing in line with their PS3s for the same problem.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 3 months ago #396844

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
YLOD round 2. Grrrrrr....... Seems long hours of Mass Effect 3 may have brought it back.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 3 months ago #396846

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Lord Moon;396844 wrote:
YLOD round 2. Grrrrrr....... Seems long hours of Mass Effect 3 may have brought it back.
Damn that sucks. What are you going to do now? There have been some sales on the 320GB on Amazon.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 3 months ago #396847

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;396846 wrote:
Damn that sucks. What are you going to do now? There have been some sales on the 320GB on Amazon.
Still cheaper to get mine repaired. Plus I have a bigger hard drive. :)If it YLOD's a third time then I'll look into getting a newer system.It's kind of funny. I've had more problems with my PS3 than my 360. I play on the PS3 less than my 360 and Microsoft has the rep for a bad console.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 3 months ago #396849

• shiroren8
Lord Moon;396847 wrote:
Still cheaper to get mine repaired. Plus I have a bigger hard drive. :)If it YLOD's a third time then I'll look into getting a newer system.It's kind of funny. I've had more problems with my PS3 than my 360. I play on the PS3 less than my 360 and Microsoft has the rep for a bad console.
that sucks i just got a new ps3 recently after my launch 60 gig got the YLOD an couldn't be repaired. funny thing is like you i didn't play much on it accept the exclusive games i basically used it to stream video an play blu rays. i have had RROD also though but no problems since, hopefully its a easy fix so you don't have to replace the whole system. they definitely don't make systems like they use to i can still use my old atari 2600 like its new.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 2 months ago #396924

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
shiroren8;396849 wrote:
they definitely don't make systems like they use to i can still use my old atari 2600 like its new.
I have a bunch of old systems and they all work just fine. The only exception is the Dreamcast, I have to reset the internal clock almost every time I fire it up, but that is mox nix compared to what I've gone through with the 360 and PS3.The score so farRROD - 1YLOD - 2:D

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 2 months ago #396925

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
Its the shit solder they have to use now it just does not last my HDTV snuffed it the other day i am so gutted only had it 4/5 years.Just glad i still have the first one i got now im off looking for my xbox vga cable with a DVI adapter as it only has DVI for HD so my poor ps3 will be gavering dust untill i can replace the tv with one that has HDMI.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 2 months ago #396927

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
VGA to DVI doesn't work that way. You'd be trying to get a digital signal out of an analog source and unless the TV's port is DVI-I (It's likely DVI-D), that won't work. Your best bet would be a DVI to HDMI adapter, assuming your xbox has HDMI as the digital video signal is the same in DVI and HDMI. You'd need one of these for sound though.

My PS3 Died Last Night, YLOD. 7 years 2 months ago #396928

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
It works as i have used it before its the same set up and TV as i used years back but to be honnist i was not sure of what DVI it was but i think it might be D.http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?q=xbox+360+vga+hd+av+cable&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=3586767933419441612&sa=X&ei=_qKXT-CMIqKj0QWMw62GBg&ved=0CHAQ8wIwAAAnd this converter http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411VFP0HAZL._SL500_AA300_.jpgFine for video and the audio pluged in fine as they were.