Forum

TOPIC: Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384698

• jwg
One of the things the PS3 has going for it over the 360 is free online play. Nice job of making a PS3 purchase a little less appealing for people like me.I'm sure they are just kicking themselves for not charging for it in the first place. Somewhere out there, I'm sure somebody for Sony is working real hard on some PR (read:bullshit) spin to try and convince you all that parting with more of your money and putting it into their pockets is best for everyone. Really, it is. Believe!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384716

you're meaning to tell me free online play with dedicated servers isn't a profitable business model for online console gaming?there was another game console that figured this out a long time ago. can't think of the name off the top of my head but i'm pretty sure it started with DREAM and ended in CAST

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384900

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384907

• jwg
Who the hell thought of this? Why have 3 different services all at the same price. What a mess.

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384908

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
jwg;384907 wrote:
Who the hell thought of this? Why have 3 different services all at the same price. What a mess.
It is not the plan, it is just a survey trying to feel out what people may or may not be willing to pay. Not fact but it does give a little insight into the ideas Sony is tossing around.

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384909

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
And the lolz begin.
The list also indicates that some eagerly awaited features could be subscriber only, such as cross-game voice chat. Having waited so long for the feature, I doubt fans would be particularly happy to have to pay for it.

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384910

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Hahahaha I called it!http://forums.allgames.com/showpost.php?p=383397&postcount=5The full title trials and access to PSOne games are pretty cool, though.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384912

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I like how they have the "Early Access to All Store Content" as an option, but it's not in any of the plans.Lookin' like the free lunch is over

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384914

If you had to choose, Option 2 is pretty slick.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Sony 'looking into' Subscription-Based PSN Services 9 years 8 months ago #384920

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
I'd pay 70 a year for unlimited PS1 and PSP mini games. I want a plan that mixes all of the stuff from the $70 plans together.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541