Forum

TOPIC: Netflix discs anyone?

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382616

• primeholy
  • Level 5
Anybody get their Netflix discs yet? Got mine today. My daughter wanted to watch Ghostbusters II, but it wasnt synched properly. Ghostbusters works though. Easier than hooking up the pc, but would be nice to browse instead of just adding from you que. The pic quality is better than hooking up my pc too.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382635

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
It works ok. I'd like to see the version built into the XMB next year. Right now the 360 version runs better in both software and streaming quality.

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382644

• shiroren8
i got my disc in the mail today an have watched a few tv shows with it. i'm not digging the interface at all the 360 has a much smoother one over the ps3's version an the video quality is about the same. the only way i could recommend this is if all you have is a ps3 and netflix or your like me and your 360 is so freaking loud even without the disc spinning that you like the ps3 just because its quieter. like everyone else though i'll be glad when you don't have to use the disc just to stream and its included in the xmb.

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382646

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Got mine today too. Watched a bit. The interface is a bit clunky and slow, but that can probably be chalked up to the fact it is working off a disc. Twice while browsing through selections it reset back to the beginning of the section. All of this I expect Netflix will work on and when they are able to do a full integration proper with the PS3, most if not all of these problems should go away. Even the 360 version had it's problems at first.Picture quality is just as good as the 360 version. I watch Man vs. Food which is in HD and something I watched on the 360. Looked just as good as it did on the 360. Same with standard definition. I watched a documentary on the Marx Brothers that I watched on the 360 also, looks just as good.Overall, it works and works just as good as it does on the 360. The only problem is the interface and the disc, which given time, will be fixed.

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382647

Got my disc yesterday. Only thing better than the 360 is that you can shuffle your queue right on the PS3 with the PS3 browser (just bookmark the Netflix Instant Queue webpage with SELECT). Other than that, I'm down on the fact that you need a disc that can get scratched or whatever and then you have to request another one. Otherwise, videos (both standard and HD) plays great and I'm using PS3's Wi-Fi.

Netflix discs anyone? 10 years 4 weeks ago #382654

• primeholy
  • Level 5
Oh, and I was wrong initially. I thought you could only watch from your que and not browse other movies:smt023