Forum

TOPIC: Demon's Souls

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380375

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Anyone get this hardcore rpg?ive been watching feeds on Jtv and while I normally do not like dungeon diablo hack n slash games....this one looks neat. Its a very very very hardcore game, not for the faint of heart.If you die, you lose all the exp you gained since you last cashed them in for skills or items, you can retrieve them if you can get back to your body, but you are weakened and only have 1/2 health to do it.OR you can kill a boss to get your body back, OR you can kill another person playing the game to get your body back.If you get your body back you get your exp points back, BUT IF YOU DIE trying to get your body, you lose it all permanently. HARDCORE.I get the MMO feeling from it with all the online twists it provides. Even though you are playing single player, you have that feeling of it all being online.If you died you can summon the help of online people to help you kill a boss to get your life back.you can leave messages on the ground for other players to read, and if they found your useful they can give it positive feedback which then heals your character.You can see other players playing online via a blue ghost form, much like fable 2's spheres of other playersIf you see a bloodsplat on the ground, you can view the last 10 seconds of someones life that was playing. Gives you a hint of what NOT to do.Also...if you die, you can spawn in another players universe and try to kill them, if you do you get your body back.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380385

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
It does seem to have a really novel concept, I was thinking of checking it out as well even though I'm not typically an RPG person.

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380389

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Sounds kinda cool, I'll go check out some video of it.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380390

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
So even if I was playing single player someone could appear into my game and try to kill me? Sounds kind of awesome but could be annoying.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380391

• EvilWall
  • Stage A - 1
The WoW generation will never go for something this hardcore. It's working almost like D&D.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380398

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
alexsan;380390 wrote:
So even if I was playing single player someone could appear into my game and try to kill me? Sounds kind of awesome but could be annoying.
Yea, once you do the first level you become human again, this makes it so anyone that has died, able to enter your game world as an enemy, to try to take you down.If they kill you, they get to be human again and can continue with their game. and you suffer a death.if you kill them you get tons of exp/money. I like how they made it useful for both sides.

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380404

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I'm all for this game. Sounds fresh and fun as hell.

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380406

• BGriff07
  • Level 8
after watching some justin tv of this game im thinking about getting it
[gamercard]B Griffith[/gamercard] [psnid]B_Griffith[/psnid]

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380413

I've been watching this awesome game for a while now, just don't know if I wanna take the leap. It's so goddamn hardcore though, and I love it. Also, ragdolls in a super-Japanese game WHAAAT
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Demon's Souls 9 years 10 months ago #380425

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah I've been watching this for a couple months. Pickin it up first chance I get.