Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: And people hate Microsoft points...

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372178

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Ok so I decided to purchase FF7 for my PSP. Since everyone always talks about how great the Playstation Store is since it has no points system I believed it. I added $10 to my account to purchase FF7 which is $9.99. When I go to checkout I notice that there's a tax of 60 something cents. How incredibly dumb. So I had to put another $5 (the minimum)on my account to buy FF7. Now I have a little over $4 sitting there. I had to spend $15 to buy something that only costs $10. Gee, this sounds an awful lot like the complaints with the points system.I'll take points over annoying tax any day.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372187

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Tax depends on your area, not Sony's fault. You can thank the federal government for passing a law recently basically stating that state and local sales taxes apply to online purchases. So if you used to not pay a sales tax to say Amazon because they are based in Washington state and you're not, now you have to pay whatever your local tax is and Amazon (in this example) has to collect it and send it to your local government.It sucks, I used to buy stuff from Buy.com sales tax free, not anymore. The government did this because various cities and states whined that they were loosing MILLIONS of dollars to people buying online instead of local.

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372196

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Oh seriously? God that is dumb. I hate Illinois. That said, I don't have any of these issues with XBL.Also, why does it take longer to install FF7 than it did to download it?

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372209

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
4 DISCS MANSO MANY MEGSbut on the real, taxing online was inevitable. The only problem I have with this is the chokehold they have on us with their fixed values that we're forced to purchase. If we could just extract exact amounts for our purchases, then it wouldn't be the problem it is.But then again, we wouldn't have an extra 4 bucks we HAVE to spend on PSN/MS Marketplace items and that would make the corporate giants oh so sad and gloomy.

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372224

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Nut_Man;372196 wrote:
Oh seriously? God that is dumb. I hate Illinois. That said, I don't have any of these issues with XBL.
I can't say for sure, but Microsoft is either eating the tax or has already figured it into the price when you buy points online.

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372229

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Lord Moon;372224 wrote:
I can't say for sure, but Microsoft is either eating the tax or has already figured it into the price when you buy points online.
I think there is a tax on microsoft points
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372230

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Lord Moon;372224 wrote:
I remember reading that tax was their reasoning for the points system.

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372233

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
alexsan;372229 wrote:
There is a tax being paid somewhere. I'm just saying either Microsoft is paying that tax for the consumer or they have that tax rolled into the price (ie "x" ammount of the $19.99 you paid for 1600 points is set aside for taxes).

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372244

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
alexsan;372229 wrote:
I don't know if you buy a 20$ card from where I work you pay 20$ not 21.60 or whatever it would b with tax. My guess is M$ takes the bullet on the tax and pays it themselves, it honestly can't cost them that much, they probably just charge the developer more.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

And people hate Microsoft points... 10 years 4 months ago #372268

Nut_Man;372178 wrote:
Ok so I decided to purchase FF7 for my PSP. Since everyone always talks about how great the Playstation Store is since it has no points system I believed it. I added $10 to my account to purchase FF7 which is $9.99. When I go to checkout I notice that there's a tax of 60 something cents. How incredibly dumb. So I had to put another $5 (the minimum)on my account to buy FF7. Now I have a little over $4 sitting there. I had to spend $15 to buy something that only costs $10. Gee, this sounds an awful lot like the complaints with the points system.I'll take points over annoying tax any day.
I could be wrong but I think if you just purchase the item with out filling your wallet it only adds the amount you need as long as its over 5 bucks.I do remember that I once bought a $10 dollar item with already having $4 in my wallet and it only added the rest of the balance. pretty cool on that front.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
  • Page: