Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Final Fantasy VII comes out today!

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #370370

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Nut_Man;370346 wrote:
If Sony drops the PSP price again I will buy this to play on the go. FF7 is WAY overhyped and the story is terrible, but it's still fun for what it is.
Dood, how can you be serious? That game is chuck full of awesome stuff.I have one question though... do I need a PS3 to get the game on to my PSP (when I finally get it).
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #370371

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
I just saw it in the store, downloading it now, 10 bucks aint bad.And no joe, you can download it onto your PSP if you want, but its a 1.3gb download, make sure you have tons of space on your card.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #370398

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;370370 wrote:
Dood, how can you be serious? That game is chuck full of awesome stuff.I have one question though... do I need a PS3 to get the game on to my PSP (when I finally get it).
Yeah, Sony has set up a web store for those that have a PSP, but not a PS3. In fact I believe during their press conference then mentioned something about setting up a direct connection for the PSP.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #370423

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Bloodburn;370371 wrote:
I just saw it in the store, downloading it now, 10 bucks aint bad.And no joe, you can download it onto your PSP if you want, but its a 1.3gb download, make sure you have tons of space on your card.
Lord Moon;370398 wrote:
Yeah, Sony has set up a web store for those that have a PSP, but not a PS3. In fact I believe during their press conference then mentioned something about setting up a direct connection for the PSP.
Cool, thanks guys.I won't be getting my Dissidia PSP bundle until August but between the UMD movie of Advent Children, Dissidia FF and FFVII I, plan on spending a lot of time with my old buddy Cloud.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372301

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Playing this on the PSP now. So awesome. My one complaint is that it is unfortunately unplayable in any full screen mode on PSP. The "zoom" mode cuts off some text and the "fullscreen" mode squishes everything down.It is still great though.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372304

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Yea, my only complaint is the psp D pad blows...sometimes its hard to point where you wanna go easily. Since its a pre analog ps1 game, it has no analog stick support.Otherwise I love it, I just got to the chocobo farm and caught one.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372307

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah. It's also confusing playing it now because I'm so used to X being the accept button and Triangle being the cancel button. Looking back on it makes a million times more sense for Circle to be accept and X to be cancel, but all the games have shifted away from that so it's kind of hard going through menus in FF7, at least at first. I imagine I'll get used to it again.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372343

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Nut_Man;372307 wrote:
Yeah. It's also confusing playing it now because I'm so used to X being the accept button and Triangle being the cancel button. Looking back on it makes a million times more sense for Circle to be accept and X to be cancel, but all the games have shifted away from that so it's kind of hard going through menus in FF7, at least at first. I imagine I'll get used to it again.
You can change that though, go into your menu in the game with triangle, and on the bottom the CONFIG, and change your keymapping.I made it so X is ok and circle is cancel out.It goes back to the original when you first start the game and choose which save file to load, but once it loads you get your custom button config again.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372501

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
There's some minor ghosting with the pre-rendered backgrounds. It's nothing major, but still kinda annoying sometimes. I'm on a PSP-2000 btw, so I found that to be weird. I thought the 3000 had that problem.

Final Fantasy VII comes out today! 10 years 4 months ago #372502

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
They all kind of do, the 3000 has more of a problem with it though because it's got this scanline look to it. It's shitty looking.PSP-2000's in the house.
  • Page: