Forum

TOPIC: Sony Conference 2009

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370520

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Bloodburn;370445 wrote:
the 1:1 response time on it was just jaw dropping. NO motion lag at all.
No PERCEIVABLE motion lag. There will always be lag of some sort, whether you can tell or not.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370526

Decipher;370520 wrote:
No PERCEIVABLE motion lag. There will always be lag of some sort, whether you can tell or not.
Cmon, you know what he meant.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370528

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Yeah, but I gotta nitpick because there are idiots on these boards who will take everything seriously.:)

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370537

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
DrunkenMasterFu;370368 wrote:
There was too much of an overall unimpressive emphasis on the PSP and the PSP Go. And the Hannah Montana bundle is simply and epically horrible. Right now, I'm on the fence about the motion controller. It seems like a good idea if they stuck with it but when Sony was excited about the Eyetoy, it was completely unsupported in no time.
This is always the issue with add-on controllers. Unlike the Wii, MS and Sony's are not out of the box solutions. The success of these add-ons is going to be built on the games they support and as a developer why risk segmenting your audience between the haves and have nots? To even have a hint at success Sony/MS is going to have to release one hell of a huge 1st party, 'motion control', system selling, blockbuster, AAA title and from what I saw at both press demos they don't have anything close yet.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370565

Lnin0;370537 wrote:
This is always the issue with add-on controllers. Unlike the Wii, MS and Sony's are not out of the box solutions. The success of these add-ons is going to be built on the games they support and as a developer why risk segmenting your audience between the haves and have nots? To even have a hint at success Sony/MS is going to have to release one hell of a huge 1st party, 'motion control', system selling, blockbuster, AAA title and from what I saw at both press demos they don't have anything close yet.
Eye of Judgment failure all over again
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370623

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
HVB is the only game on the PS3 that I enjoy motion control. I hope they do make a 2nd HVB. IF they incorporate the new motion controller into it, I may look at buying it, depending on the price point. Otherwise, the motion controls are of no interest to me. In fact, some of the major points of E3 about the controller being "an issue" got old fast. I don't mind a controller at all as long as it's relatively comfortable to use. That talking point got old quick (especially @ the MS conference).
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370627

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
VaeVictus;370623 wrote:
HVB is the only game on the PS3 that I enjoy motion control. I hope they do make a 2nd HVB. IF they incorporate the new motion controller into it, I may look at buying it, depending on the price point. Otherwise, the motion controls are of no interest to me. In fact, some of the major points of E3 about the controller being "an issue" got old fast. I don't mind a controller at all as long as it's relatively comfortable to use. That talking point got old quick (especially @ the MS conference).
Agreed, that is really annoying. I get tired of watching them try to swoon the casuals and pretendors instead of focusing on the people that really buy and play games.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370642

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Sony did best this year in my opinion.Mod Nation looking surprisingly fun as fuck too.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370712

• LowVoltag3
I finally watched sonys conference. It was a disaster compared to MS's (presentation wise). I thought the games Sony announced were fucking Awesome, though. Rockstar Norths "Agent" God of War 3Mod Nation racingMGS Peace walker (epic trailer, I just wish it were a PS3 game)MAG (looked kinda Ruff but I still want to give it a chance)The new controller looked kinda cool. They did say that it won't even look like what they showed on stage so it's probably really early in development. But I'm interested in seeing what they have to offer.It was not a fun conference to watch. It was really boring at times. But i gotta say, they did announce some awesome exclusive stuff that I'm definitely looking forward to.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 4 months ago #370713

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Bloodburn;370445 wrote:
The sony motion controller was flat out amazing.the 1:1 response time on it was just jaw dropping. NO motion lag at all. I can only imagine what a game like elder scrolls 5 would be like using that thing to hold a sword and shield. Throw analog sticks on each controller so you can move and look around, then put triggers on the underside to attack, and you have a real virtual reality gaming system...
lmao. good ol' bloodburn.