Forum

TOPIC: Sony Conference 2009

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370339

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
BBboy20;370338 wrote:
I think that's what the PSP portion is for.
Like I said, more teasing.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370340

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;370333 wrote:
I knew they were going to sell the GO! at a premium price. They are kind of using the same strategy as Nintendo now with the DS and DSi.
Just so you know, it's just called the "PSP Go". There is no exclamation point like that 1UP article said there would be.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370368

I'm really torn with Sony now...I saw enough from the conference so far that I'm almost certain that I will purchase a PS3 before the year's end but at the same time I feel underwhelmed. There was too much of an overall unimpressive emphasis on the PSP and the PSP Go. And the Hannah Montana bundle is simply and epically horrible. Right now, I'm on the fence about the motion controller. It seems like a good idea if they stuck with it but when Sony was excited about the Eyetoy, it was completely unsupported in no time.On the other hand, Mag looks like it'll be great from the in-game they showed as will Uncharted 2. More Ratchet and Clank and both Final Fantasy games are more than welcome and Assassin's Creed 2 is looking very nice. God of War 3 was my number one reason for wanting to get a PS3 and the demo only strengthened its position as number one.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370379

• LowVoltag3
Tbh, I didn't have a chance to see anything that was in the conference (I'm typing from my blackberry), but I was able to read the live blog and it really did kind of underwhelm. I was really expecting to hear some psn upgrades. No new features at all were announced. I never gave 2 shits about any Finalfantasy game so the new game meant nothing.I do want to see what god war 3 looks like though. But overall, I would really say the conference was underwhelming.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370381

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Reminded me a lot of the Sony of old. Not the bumbling stumbling Sony but the one before that - the one that trumpeted a lot of great things...most of which where well into the future if / when they ever materialized.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370382

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
lol buckfush judging the quality of the announcements and footage by a liveblog. What a tool.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370393

• LowVoltag3
Wow sully, ur trully a sony fanbitch. I don't have acess to video or audio streaming. My internet is down. I got what I can from the conference through my phone. And I didn't judge any video u moron. I said I want to see what god of war looks like.Like I said I was expecting sony to at least announce some UI uprades and features. They didn't. They just didn't surprise me. I was expecting a lot more.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370422

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I thought the conference was pretty strong. I'm kind of hoping that the come out with a version of that cart racer on the PSP.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370440

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
The only downside to the games they showed was MAG, I'm actually really excited for that game, but it looks like the main purpose of that demo was to show it all running in game. They didn't actually show us much of the game. The player demoing it essentially stood there and just looked at the map and player count to show us it was possible, while not really, "playing" the game. I'm going to have to get more gameplay footage of that from the show floor. I've been looking for a competitive multiplayer game to replace socom 2 for awhile now. BattleField Bad Company and Killzone 2 have come close, but are each missing just a little something.

Sony Conference 2009 10 years 6 months ago #370445

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
The sony motion controller was flat out amazing.the 1:1 response time on it was just jaw dropping. NO motion lag at all. I can only imagine what a game like elder scrolls 5 would be like using that thing to hold a sword and shield. Throw analog sticks on each controller so you can move and look around, then put triggers on the underside to attack, and you have a real virtual reality gaming system...