Forum

TOPIC: Still No Price Cut?

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369744

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Sully907;369731 wrote:
Don't you know John? If the games aren't exclusive they don't count!
Well in this case, yeah. He made a list of games that you're missing out on if you don't have a PS3, but a large majority of them were also on the 360.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369768

quashpdarkman;369740 wrote:
you may not like it, but exclusives happen to be everything.the only time multiplats are ever considered to be a selling point is when one version is vastly superior to another.
I FUCKING SAID THAT SOME OF THESE ARE ON THE 360 IF YOU WOULD FUCKING READ, and that was my point. You get all the same multi plats PLUS the Sony exclusives which there is more of and they are of better quality in my opinion. PLUS You get to leave behind the stress of your console dieing when you turn it on.360 has very few exclusives I give a shit about.Its pretty much just Fable at this point.Halo gets worse with every release and Gears games are fun for about 3 days after you beat the main story line.Either way there really no point to all this bullshit anyway.I could careless if you like it or not. It just makes you look stupid coming in the Sony threadthrowing hate around for really uninformed reasons.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369776

• GameGuru
  • Level 3
McClane, the problem with the PS3 is that it doesn't have any exclusives anyone who was a core PS1 and PS2 fan care about besides MGS4, God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5. Xbox 360 has Final Fantasy, Devil May Cry, Street Fighter, Tekken, Soul Calibur, Crash Bandicoot, Tomb Raider, Grand Theft Auto, Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedgehog, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, etc. It also has Halo, and Lost and the Damned as exclusives. Not saying that PS3 doesn't have good games. Heck, it has great games. It's just most of the games core gamers actually care to buy on it are also on the Xbox 360, and Xbox 360 is half the price for its cheapest model. Of course, the casuals tout Wii as their messiah, but Wii has a VERY different library compared to the Xbox 360 than the PS3 does, Wii had a huge smash hit, and Nintendo successfully differentiated themselves from both Xbox 360 and PS3.
[gamercard]GameGuruNT[/gamercard]

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369777

Who needs God of War, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, Trico, Metal Gear etc, etc when you have a Halo 3 expansion pack. Yep, a Halo expansion is the big thing this year for the 360... but it's a great Netflix player!
http://killzown.com/image.php?user=the_FREELANCER"Learning to be you is what hurts most"

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369779

The Analingus Bandit;369777 wrote:
Who needs God of War, Killzone, LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, Heavy Rain, Gran Turismo, Trico, Metal Gear etc, etc when you have a Halo 3 expansion pack. Yep, a Halo expansion is the big thing this year for the 360... but it's a great Netflix player!
I'm glad you get it.Also Game Guru. I was not a core ps2 and ps1 gamer and I still think they have better exclusives
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369780

i don't even own a halo game, lmao.and gt5? i'll believe it when i see it. though i might get a ps3 again just for it if it comes out.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369785

Man, this thread is so hostile!
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369786

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
God of War = zZzLBP = zZzUncharted = zZzHeavy Rain = Looks good, but not out. GT = zZzZzZzZzZzTrico = I'll kill to play this now, but not outMGS = Fucking awesome. The only ringer the PS3 has.Halo 3 = zZzExclusives are sadly pretty much dead. I find all of Sony's exclusive franchises boring. Well except Team ICO and Metal Gear. As of right now neither system has an exclusive that is coming out this year for sure that trumps the other. I doubt Heavy Rain or Trico will be out this year, and I could care less about Uncharted 2 and GoW. There is also the risk Heavy Rain and/or Trico totally suck. It can happen.I own all 3 systems, and by far my PS3 gets the least use. I don't know what it is, but I don't feel like there are any games where the PS3 version is the one I'd rather play. It could be I have more friends with 360s or I like the controller better...360s list of exclusives bores me as well. I suppose it's a curse I don't buy into most of the hyped series of the world.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369787

• hostyl1
  • Level 3
Do'Urden;369785 wrote:
Man, this thread is so hostile!
Then I guess this would be a good time for me to jump in. ;)Truth is, if a person has not yet bought an HD gaming platform, price and exclusives are going to be the two main factors. Lesser factors will be hardware reliablity and what friends are playing for online users. If one just wants to play Assassin's Creed, GTA, and the like then they very well may just get the cheaper system.Now, I personally think that the PS3 has the more interesting upcoming exclusives, but that's me. Others might really care about SC:Conviction and Alan Wake. But I'd really like people to get off the worthless meme that the PS3 has no good exclusives. They have several out, and it even appears that they have more than the 360 on the horizon.I still wont get a PS3 though till there is a price cut. Sure, the system is "worth" the current price for a new HD-gamer. But I have a 360 and there are enough multi-plat games that I want to play that the system still has value to me. Yeah, I guess it's a little bit of Russian Roulette with the RRoD, but I've already tied myself to the console so as long as it's still under warranty (another year) it will be my main gaming console.Of course, by that time, the PS3 *should* have gotten that price cut I'm looking for. (I'd be STUNNED if we dont see one by Christmas).
[gamercard]hostyl1[/gamercard]

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369797

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
Don't forget about another Ratchet this year, but I'm sure GK would say that's zzzzzzz too. Nothing impresses that guy, unless it's made by tim shafer or it's super indy! Not to mention Killzone 2 already came out this year which is also an awesome game.