Forum

TOPIC: Still No Price Cut?

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369599

quashpdarkman;369589 wrote:
i'm not interested in sandboxes and horrible "arcade" racers, so the ps3 just wasn't doing it for me
You have blinders on my friend...
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369665

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
quashpdarkman;369589 wrote:
uh, i owned a ps3 for a bit. i ended up borrowing it and when my friend wanted to sell it i bought it from him for cheap.even then, i found nothing to do with it outside of mgs4. the only other exclusive that's caught my attention since that kinda makes me wish i hadn't sold it is valkyria chronicles. i'm not interested in sandboxes and horrible "arcade" racers, so the ps3 just wasn't doing it for me (i would've held out for gt5, except that's almost vaporware at this rate).with that and the trend of ps3 exclusives going multiplat, i figured, why shouldn't i get a 360? i'll be able to play a full racing sim (although i do expect gt5 to blow forza 2 out of the water), i'll be able to play in most cases the superior version of multiplats, and i'll have money left over for more games and accessories to boot.and lmao @ accusing me of being a microsoft fanboy. i run linux on my computer and i hate a lot of what microsoft has set as "standard" for the game industry (including but not limited to the horrible build quality of the 360). i'm only a fanboy to my number one and nothing's gonna change that.
I didn't accuse you of being a fanboy, I asked if you lifted your statement from the xbox forums. I then proceeded to say that I've read a lot of ridiculous fanboy banter, and your statement of "more processors than decent exclusives" ranks fairly high on that meter. Guilty much?There are plenty of outstanding titles on the PS3 that are exclusive, and I'm not sure where you are coming from with this "sandbox" and "arcade racer" being the only titles you can get on a PS3.You don't like it, that's fine. just don't expect to make posts like that and not have someone say something to the contrary, especially when it's a asinine as your first post.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369700

J0HN-666-McCLANE;369599 wrote:
You have blinders on my friend...
then direct me to all of the shmups, fighters, racing sims and rpg's i'm missing out on.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369706

quashpdarkman;369700 wrote:
then direct me to all of the shmups, fighters, racing sims and rpg's i'm missing out on.
SHMUPSBlast FactorEveryday ShooterSoldner X HimmelsturmerSuper Stardust HD1942 Joint StrikeBurn Zombie BurnCrash CommandoFIGHTERSTekken 5 Dark Resurrection OnlineVirtua Fighter 5Street Fighter HD RemixStreet Fighter 4Mortal Kombat 2Marvel vs Capcom 2Street Fighter Alpha 1 (PS1 Download)RACING SIMSFerrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Gran Turismo 5 PrologueFormula One Championship EditionMotoGP 08 RPG'sValkrie ChroniclesFolkloreDemon's SoulsSacred 2 Fallen AngelsEternal SonataDisgaeaFallout 3OblivionUntold Legends: Dark KingdomRise of the ArgonautsMarvel: Ultimate Alliance Enchanted Arms I also believe they have that shitty Sonic game that's in your last 5 played games. Yes there are some cross platform titles but that's the point.I'm tired of the no games statements. People act that if a title comes out on the 360 it doesn't exist anywhere else.Have a good day sir.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369711

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
J0HN-666-McCLANE;369706 wrote:
SHMUPSBlast FactorEveryday ShooterSoldner X HimmelsturmerSuper Stardust HD1942 Joint StrikeBurn Zombie BurnCrash CommandoFIGHTERSTekken 5 Dark Resurrection OnlineVirtua Fighter 5Street Fighter HD RemixStreet Fighter 4Mortal Kombat 2Marvel vs Capcom 2Street Fighter Alpha 1 (PS1 Download)RACING SIMSFerrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli Gran Turismo 5 PrologueFormula One Championship EditionMotoGP 08 RPG'sValkrie ChroniclesFolkloreDemon's SoulsSacred 2 Fallen AngelsEternal SonataDisgaeaFallout 3OblivionUntold Legends: Dark KingdomRise of the ArgonautsMarvel: Ultimate Alliance Enchanted Arms I also believe they have that shitty Sonic game that's in your last 5 played games. Yes there are some cross platform titles but that's the point.I'm tired of the no games statements. People act that if a title comes out on the 360 it doesn't exist anywhere else.Have a good day sir.
I put the whole "there are no games" argument to bed myself. I personally think that if I waited until this point to pick a 360 and PS3 the decision would be made based on the features outside of the games and more on the other features. Their game libraries at this point I believe are in a dead heat. I will also say that I see no need to have both systems.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369712

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Um like 80% of that list is stuff that's also on the 360. How is he missing out on games he can get on the 360...?

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369713

I also believe they have that shitty Sonic game that's in your last 5 played games.
well, we can agree on something (don't worry though, i just borrowed it ;)).but really, most of those games are on the 360 and most of them are better on the 360 (i'd know specifically about vf5), which is exactly why i got rid of the ps3.i haven't played my 360 in awhile because i haven't really had time to do so, but i'm gonna get a 120gb hard drive very soon and then i'll be able to download all the xbla exclusives i want (voot 5.56, outrun online, etc.), and at that point the ps3 won't be anything more than a distant memory for me.you like the exclusives on ps3? good for you man. but there's more titles available on the 360 and there's little reason to spend more on a console with less exclusives unless you really really like said exclusives.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369714

As far as price cuts go, whether the PS3 gets one or not with so many good games coming out for the console I think its about time I clear a spot for it next to my 360 when I buy it.
[gamercard]Detective Rocko[/gamercard]

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369731

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
Don't you know John? If the games aren't exclusive they don't count!

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 2 months ago #369740

Sully907;369731 wrote:
Don't you know John? If the games aren't exclusive they don't count!
you may not like it, but exclusives happen to be everything.the only time multiplats are ever considered to be a selling point is when one version is vastly superior to another.