Forum

TOPIC: Still No Price Cut?

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369322

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
So the rumors reguarding a E3 announcement of a PS3 price cut may just be that, rumors.
According to the database, this new SKU is scheduled for release on June 9th, one week after the start of this year's E3 Expo. The listed price for the bundle is $399, the current price for a PS3 system now. Analysts have repeatedly stated a PS3 price cut is in the works, but this new SKU may suggest otherwise. Conversely, Sony may opt to drop the price on a "bare bones" bundle, while offering this new "elite" package at the now-standard price.
Best Buy to receive new 80GB PS3 SKU after E3, will cost $399At this point Kaz Hirai himself could tell me that the PS3 is getting a price cut and I'd be hard pressed to believe him.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369325

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Maybe it's just me, but Sony has always stated that they would not cut the price of the PS3. These rumors have always been started by people who have wishful thinking, and never by Sony. Sony didn't even say the standard "we don't comment on rumors and speculation" - they've always said "no, we are not cutting the price."So I'm not surprised, and neither should you be.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369328

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I think it would serve them better just to bundle the system with a few extras. A game, a special edition Blu Ray movie and a headset. I think consumers are always a bit more tempted to buy something when all of the value is right there in one box.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369329

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
It may shound ridiculous to say, but of the three consoles, I feel the Wii is the one that needs the price cut. $400 is expensive, but honestly, I think the PS3 is still easily worth that price.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369332

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
VaeVictus;369329 wrote:
It may shound ridiculous to say, but of the three consoles, I feel the Wii is the one that needs the price cut. $400 is expensive, but honestly, I think the PS3 is still easily worth that price.
But many people do not.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369335

• JoEDigiTECH
VaeVictus;369329 wrote:
It's the difference between perceived value over actual value combined with what demographic each system hits. Yeah the PS3 seems worth it with gamers and tech people who understand what it does and how it compares to other devices. The Wii plays games, John Q. Public likes simple.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369336

Nut_Man;369332 wrote:
But many people do not.
Many people also think Dane Cook is funny. MANY people.Just trying to say... many people are fucking retards. The PS3 is a high-powered game device and possibly the BEST thing (sub $thousands) to watch your old DVDs on. The upscaling looks GREAT. Not to mention it's a fucking Blu-Ray player.Also, built in wireless. Keyboard and mouse support. Web browser. Ability to install Linux-based OS's immdiately. This bitch is literally a computer.Writing this post has made me think- WOW I love my freaking PS3 :]
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369337

• JoEDigiTECH
Violence in HD;369336 wrote:
Many people also think Dane Cook is funny. MANY people.Just trying to say... many people are fucking retards. The PS3 is a high-powered game device and possibly the BEST thing (sub $thousands) to watch your old DVDs on. The upscaling looks GREAT. Not to mention it's a fucking Blu-Ray player.Also, built in wireless. Keyboard and mouse support. Web browser. Ability to install Linux-based OS's immdiately. This bitch is literally a computer.Writing this post has made me think- WOW I love my freaking PS3 :]
You are absolutely right. The masses are dumb. That's why products that cater to the lowest common denominator sell so well. Remember:

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369339

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Violence in HD;369336 wrote:
Yeah, so? People still aren't buying it at $400. It really doesn't matter what anyone thinks about the PS3s value. You do get a lot for your money , but no one cares.

Still No Price Cut? 10 years 6 months ago #369342

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
JoEDigiTECH;369335 wrote:
It's the difference between perceived value over actual value combined with what demographic each system hits. Yeah the PS3 seems worth it with gamers and tech people who understand what it does and how it compares to other devices. The Wii plays games, John Q. Public likes simple.
Well, I wouldn't necessarily say the Wii plays games. Mini games, yes. Shovelware, yes. Good games...not so much.I think a PS3 price drop would be great, don't get me wrong, but I think people focus too much on it's cost vs the vastly overpriced Wii that offers much much less.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610