Forum

TOPIC: I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9668

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
I know, i'm cool ;) But really, it's really cool, I got the "xbox media center" with alot of TV shows and such on it, as well as a PSX, N64, atari VCS, and Genesis emulater, I can now take off all thse backed up games and shows and put them on my xbox. And I did it without a mod chip, I used a gamesave hack for Splinter cell, and get this, xbox live? Still works fine. It does not even effect it, the mod only goes into effect when i use the savegame hack, thats it. Unless Microsoft starts scaning hard drives, i'm save.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9697

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
I thought when you used the savegame hack it overwrote the OS anyway? Or am I just thinking of the MechAssault hack? I have everything else (I use a USB Thumbdrive to transfer save games over to my Xbox already) but I didn't want to overwrite my HD with the EvoX OS...
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9703

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf wrote:
I thought when you used the savegame hack it overwrote the OS anyway? Or am I just thinking of the MechAssault hack? I have everything else (I use a USB Thumbdrive to transfer save games over to my Xbox already) but I didn't want to overwrite my HD with the EvoX OS...
No, not with the splinter cell one anyway, It's on the E drive, so it does not write anything to the C drive (where the OS is) The only way to get to EvoX is load it up with splinter cell, which is good, because it's not online, so you can't get banned by using it (you still can't play online "backed up" (no stealing here :D ) games)

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9845

• The_Raven
  • Stage A - 2
Do you have instructions on how to do this? I wanna check it out.

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9851

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
InnerLogic wrote:
(you still can't play online "backed up" (no stealing here :D ) games)
heh.... ;)Sucks for you. :PAnyways, Nice job man.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9855

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
I want to use my Xbox how, Microsoft intended for me to use it.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9861

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
MusicFan wrote:
I want to use my Xbox how, Microsoft intended for me to use it.
I want to use my Xbox to the fullest Extent I can get it. I think of it as overclocking your PC. ;)
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9904

• MageMasher
  • Stage A - 1
!...impervable!
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9908

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
The_Raven wrote:
Do you have instructions on how to do this? I wanna check it out.
Well, it's very simple First, you have to have Splinter cell (You can also try out Mechassult, but I know the splinter cell one works) and an action replay, or someone else with a modded xbox and a memory card. Now, you have to get the savegame hack.... where you can get it, you will have to ask me outsie of here, because I don't know if I can say the site. Now, after getting it, you open the zip, there are two folders one that has a 2, and one with a 5 (they are longer then that, but it's easy to remember this), you delete the one with a 2, and then take the save and upload it to your action replay. Now, you turn on your xbox with the memory card, then you take the save and place it on your hard drive. Now, after THAT, load up splinter cell, load up the save, and click on Checkpoints, the screen should go black, and evoX should load up. Now you can FTP to your xbox, go to Sistem utils, then Settings, and copy the IP number, then go into your favorite FTP program (I use Filezilla) and go into it. This is your xbox hard drive. Later I will talk about signing all your programs so they can work on your xbox.....

I modded my xbox..... WITHOUT a mod chip 15 years 3 months ago #9965

• The_Raven
  • Stage A - 2
Very cool. I was thinking about getting an xbox now since a pre-owned one is only 119 bucks, So I obviously want to mod it, but I have no sodder skills, I need to see how this works. :)