Forum

TOPIC: The "entertainment" console

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396842

• DeadMan
  • Stage A - 1
Today Microsoft announced, which everyone already knew/speculated/etc, that people now spend on average more time using entertainment apps on the system than actual game playing... pretty interesting stuff. I tried the "Xfinitiy" app today... it couldn't connect to the servers, womp womp.Story at Ars
[Gamercard]Deadmanerz[/Gamercard] Origin and Battlelog: ColCake
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396843

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Been using the YouTube and DailyMotion apps myself to keep up with Epic Meal Time among other things.

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396850

• shiroren8
i think i spend 100 hrs or more a month between netflix and hulu an now with hbo go it will probably increase even more. they really could just dumb down some parts of the system an turn it into a apple tv like device for people that don't necessarily want to game much but wouldn't mind downloading a game or two that's not just angry birds or something.

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396852

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I have 3 kids so Netflix is on pretty much constantly whether it is on my PS3 or 360 (which has really screwed up my "Top 10 for Joe" list. Commercial free blocks of Fraggle Rock, Sesame St. and Thomas & Friends has made my cable box essentially just a DVR machine. As an aside, because my children aren't watching TV full of ads, they aren't constantly asking for stuff they don't need.

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396863

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
I have used the bbci player and the other TV on demand apps a few times on both the 360 and ps3.As for things like netflix and love film i have not used them i see no point as i mostaly use my pc thats hooked up to my hdtv but i might give netflix a go as they give you a month free.Crackle is not bad as everything is free on there so its not bad for the odd movie or tv show you have not seen.As of late i have been in to multiplayer games so thats what i have been useing the consoles for.

The "entertainment" console 7 years 5 months ago #396866

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
DeadMan;396842 wrote:
Today Microsoft announced, which everyone already knew/speculated/etc, that people now spend on average more time using entertainment apps on the system than actual game playing... pretty interesting stuff. I tried the "Xfinitiy" app today... it couldn't connect to the servers, womp womp.Story at Ars
Yeah, I probably spend a lot more time now using the internet Browser on my PS3 and now the new Amazon "app" for streaming than actaully playing games on it. Spent more time on ESPN with my 360 when I had Live, it's funny. It changes when I get a brand new game though.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo