Forum

TOPIC: Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 9 months ago #396158

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
On xmas 2010 i decided to get xbox live on a 12-month Gold membership in the uk on a low price deal on xbox live but it came with a auto renew for full price for end of this years 12 month subscription.I had a one month card and that put my renew date from 24/12/11 to 24/1/12 and i was wondering if i got a 12 month card if it would cancel the 12 month auto renew or just make me do it next year for the full price of £39.99?I would have looked at the terms and conditions i had in a email but i lost them ages ago due to a reformat so if anyone did the same please copy and paste them :)And one last thing what is the best way to get your cards and auto renew Canseld off there servers i dont mind getting points that way but auto membership is a bitch. Last time my card exspired so they could not auto renew so they blocked me out 100% and did not put me back to silver as i thourt they would but i ended up useing a prepayed 12 month card then later got suckerd in with the cheap xmas day gold offer in 2010....................doh
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 9 months ago #396159

• shiroren8
it shouldn't charge your card least i haven't had that experience after going to the cards but still having my debit card on file with them. i moved to buying the cards after amazon had a big sale a few years back an haven't had a issue since. I just always buy a new card before its time to renew.not sure of how to get your card off the account though even with talking to customer service unless you raise a big stink about it. if worse comes to worse though an they tell you that you have to have a card on file what i would do is get one of those gift visa cards and use that then delete your credit card that way they have something but its nothing you care about.

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 9 months ago #396161

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
Looks like there not having it anyway i lost my card and just had to have it canseled hope they like a 12 month card.

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 9 months ago #396266

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
I have just noticed that they added the option to remove auto renew on xbox.com :)

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 8 months ago #396409

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Anyone else get emailed a free month LIVE code from Microsoft? I was surprised to see that email, now I got a Gold account for a month :p
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 8 months ago #396412

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I wish! I just got Saints Row the Third and had to cash in a bunch of 48hr passes to play co-op with my brother in the next room. System-link wasn't working with our network set up. Now we're going to try a direct connection with a cross-wire adapter. Hopefully that works. Back on topic, I'll be keeping an eye on my email account for a code. Sadly, most of the deals don't apply in Canadia.

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 8 months ago #396416

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Hmm, maybe they are randomly sending them out or to people who once had Live but hadn't renewed in a while. I'm liking the "apps" they have (EPSN, Facebook, Youtube, etc) and the way the new Dashboard is. Been trying out some online demos since I don't really have a new 360 game with Multi to play. I have Reach and Brotherhood still though.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

Xbox live Gold xmas special subscription 7 years 8 months ago #396417

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
If that's the case then I guess the 48hr passes reset my "clock". Hm. Oh well, I'll probably get a 3mo pass over summer or something.