Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: New Firmware Update

New Firmware Update 9 years 1 week ago #393127

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Too much white on the main Guide as it can strain eyes much more quickly. Suppose some of choices for colors/contrast and/or brightness would have been nice.What bugs me though is the lack of a New Arrival tab, it doesn't make sense for those who wants to easily identify what's new for XBL/Arcade, not advertisements of the latest things out on retail. =/ Also doesn't make sense why can't just choose whatever colors we want for a background on the Avatar pic section.
Signature
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New Firmware Update 9 years 1 week ago #393128

you know, i didn't even think of that since my tv has color management on and dims super white screens that are more than just a flash.it actually is really needlessly geocities page in 1998 white. are there still themes? because i wouldn't care much if the "night" theme(i think it was?) flipped the whole thing to white text on black ala zuneEDIT: and i just noticed the comment about the sounds thing. i have really nice studio monitors plugged in to my setup.. and some of the old sounds(and not to mention some of the graphics, especially on the network test screen and stuff) were poorly edited and had little compression artifacts or cut off awkwardly with a little snap and such. all the menu sounds not only sound like they were saved at a higher sample rate, but fade out or cut off very crisp and cleanly. it really seems like they just upgraded the entire interface to a slightly higher level of fit and finish.. which was really long overdue.
- six years and counting, damn -

New Firmware Update 9 years 1 week ago #393129

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
I like how you can actually see your background images more.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo

New Firmware Update 9 years 1 week ago #393134

ok wait.. woah woah woah.is anyone else unable to play netflix or other video because they're getting an "HDCP LINK NOT FOUND" error after this update?seriously pissing me off. i had used netflix on it a couple times briefly before the update with no problems, and now i go to watch some dexter and this :\EDIT: lolololololwait till it says "determining picture quality" or is about to play in anything else, rip the hdmi cable out of the tv, plug it back in. "SECURE HDCP LINK RESTORED"bang up job guys -_- doing this once fixed it for the entire cycle of the 360 being on too, which seems to be confirmed in various other comments about this issue on the internet i've seen.. although it just, as im typing this randomly white 360 logo screened me again. ugh.
- six years and counting, damn -

New Firmware Update 8 years 11 months ago #393404

• Darkness
  • Level 10
I dont like the new Marketplace.I always went to NEW ARRIVALS and scrolled through all the categories in one screen (Arcade, Demos, Add ons, etc)Now I have to enter each individual category to look at its corresponding new arrivals. Its pretty annoying.Loving the search feature on NETFLIX as well.
[gamercard]BrodietheHun[/gamercard]

New Firmware Update 8 years 11 months ago #393405

• True
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 8
Darkness;393404 wrote:
I dont like the new Marketplace.I always went to NEW ARRIVALS and scrolled through all the categories in one screen (Arcade, Demos, Add ons, etc)Now I have to enter each individual category to look at its corresponding new arrivals. Its pretty annoying.Loving the search feature on NETFLIX as well.
I agree with you about the Marketplace search now. sometimes I can't even find the right times for a few minutes when looking for something I had recently seen.
"Leave Luck to Heaven"- Nintendo
  • Page: