Forum

TOPIC: ~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382985

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61213I think most of us have heard about the bannings already and I'm not even sure the 1M number is correct (GameIndustry.biz said around 600K and Microsoft doesn't publicly release these numbers).What I really wanted to post was this: http://consoletech.net/forum/front-page-news/631-banned-360-users-call-threaten-kill-xbox-live-policy-director.html#post1132
Microsoft has started a new wave of 360 bans and this has angered many pirates. Banned users [from 4chan] are actually making threatening calls to the director of Xbox Live's policy enforcement.Stephen Toulouse logged into an IRC channel from where the problem seemed to start and pleaded that the threatening calls to him and his family should stop.This is the actual IRC chat transcript.This appears to be legitimate since Stephen Toulouse's Twitter contains the word 'cheesecake' as he was asked to post this on his page as proof it really is him.
I know 4chan likes to troll but that was fucking stupid of them...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382986

i'm honestly pretty surprised that microsoft actually banned all of the people with modded 360's.i mean, they were all paying xbl subscribers, and now that their 360 is banned what's to stop them from getting another 360 and modding it/getting a ps3 instead?that and the used market is probably going to be flooded with banned 360's now, though microsoft might like that.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382988

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I guarantee this has to do with the Modern Warfare 2 leak. I bet everyone who posted multiplayer footage a week ago is banned.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382989

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
quashpdarkman;382986 wrote:
i'm honestly pretty surprised that microsoft actually banned all of the people with modded 360's.i mean, they were all paying xbl subscribers, and now that their 360 is banned what's to stop them from getting another 360 and modding it/getting a ps3 instead?that and the used market is probably going to be flooded with banned 360's now, though microsoft might like that.
I remember reading an article about some guy that got his 360 modded, then of course banned. He then bought a new Xbox 360. He had to create a new account because Microsoft told him the old one was banned forever. He "vowed" to walk the straight and narrow.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382992

i've actually been hearing that these are just console bans and that their xbl accounts remain intact.i could be misinformed, but that would make more sense to me.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382994

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I maybe mis-remembering. It's been awhile since I read it. But I seem to remember him being a bit upset as he had unlocked quite a few achievements, some that were hard to get.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382996

well, in any case, it doesn't make much sense to me to terminate dlc and the like that people actually paid for, even if their xbox was modded.even then, i'm sure there were a good number of people who seriously were just backing up the games they owned. it's not like the 360's disc drive isn't notorious for destroying discs or anything...

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382997

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
The one thing I hate about DLC and downloaded games, not having a hard copy back up. Hell I still buy music CDs as much as possible for the same reason.

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #382998

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
Meh.. considering there's no real homebrew or anything to do on the 360 it's pretty obvious most of them were cheaters or pirates.Anyone thinking they could just keep a modded 360 hooked up to XBL was seriously kidding themselves.
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

~1M XBL Users Banhammered for Modding 10 years 1 month ago #383002

• TigerClaw
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 3
This is going to lead to a lot of problems, Cause they can easily trade in there banned 360 for a new one that isn't, The stores won't know that any used 360 they sell might have been banned from XBL.