Forum

TOPIC: Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers)

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #377985

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
This post intentionally left blank to prevent roll over spoiling.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #377987

• JoEDigiTECH
Judging by the scores on my leader board quite a few people have played through the game several times. Having beaten it last night (81% complete) for the first time there are some things that puzzle me.1.) Why did the game let me get to the "final boss" without having to get the helmet for my suit? I can understand them letting me get through without upgrades but I thought I would need all the major components to get to the end game.2.) There are some ? that I can't seem to access. Are there items in the game that if you don't get them at a certain time, you will lose access to them. One of them that completely baffles me is one that is right next to the first computer room you gain access too. It shows that there is a room to the left but it is a solid wall and I don't see any access panels. 3.) Is it true that you keep your XP level when you restart the game? I plan on playing through again anyway, and I'm sure I will find out but now that I'm at work it is on my mind. Questions:How many times have y'all played through?Have y'all completed "Proving Grounds"?Where would y'all rank Shadow Complex for this year?How does this compare to Metroid/Castlevania?How soon do you think will see a sequel/add on?

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #377989

I noticed there were at least a couple of items that I couldn't get after a certain point, including one of the final pieces of the armor/suit/whatever.That solid wall ? at the beginning got me, too. I was in the middle of my second playthrough on insane so I could try to get up to level 50, but the difficulty kinda lived up to the name. You do keep the XP after your first beating of the game, but nothing else.Shadow Complex was good, simple, fun gameplay. I haven't played many XBLA games as of late but this is one of the better ones I've played thus far.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #377998

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
That ? near the first computer. I can't remember if there was a small hitbox near there where you shoot foam or a rocket at it, or...
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I want to play it through a second time to get 100% but I don't have the time.I messed up on my first playthrough to get 100% because:
Warning: Spoiler! [ Click to expand ]
I love Proving Grounds. The last challenge was both exhilarating and annoying. I managed to finish that with like 10HP left, and put in an hour or so into that one level...I was never into the 2D Metroids and played Castlevania: SotN for like 10 minutes. But I very much liked SC. There was an informal competition between me and my friends to see what kind of scores we could get, so that drove me to finish it more than anything.
gmachina - gaming news in bulk

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #378006

• JoEDigiTECH
This is a game I know I will play over and over. I've played Metroid Fusion a bunch of times and I'm still collecting souls for Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow because of the convenience and old school style fun of them. I will probably be jumping back in tonight. I also like the "informal competition" part of it too. I may never catch up to Bewty or therobd but it is still fun when I pass someone else on the list and the notification pops up in real time. It will be bizarre playing it from the begining with the crappy weapons and lack of cool gadgets after the 10 hrs (yes.. 10 hours) I already put in.

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #378113

• JoEDigiTECH
Sure enough. When I started again last night I kept trying to triple jump. Drove me nuts. I'm so determined to get 100% now though.

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #378168

• Necromas
  • Level 3
I never managed to beat it because on my first two runs I ran into game-breakers that due to bad level design, or just random glitches, made it completely impossible to finish the game after having gone through like 80% of it.After that I decided it wasn't worth my time to bother with the game anymore.

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 11 months ago #378170

• JoEDigiTECH
Necromas;378168 wrote:
I never managed to beat it because on my first two runs I ran into game-breakers that due to bad level design, or just random glitches, made it completely impossible to finish the game after having gone through like 80% of it.After that I decided it wasn't worth my time to bother with the game anymore.
Holy crap.What happened? How did you break it?

Did you beat Shadow Complex? (Spoilers) 9 years 10 months ago #379627

• JoEDigiTECH
I was able to get 100% of the items and beat the game. A weird glitch happened during the closing animation. My character (sorry can't remember his name) hair was patchy purple and white.. pretty bizarre. I tweeted a pick of it because I only had my phone handy at the time. I don't think I will be jumping back in any time soon to get to 50xp.