Forum

TOPIC: Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity?

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370817

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Kwyjibo;370779 wrote:
Again, sony pr is not my preferred source of information.
So.....the sony demo is not your preferred source of info, but the MS demo is ok?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370825

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Bloodburn;370817 wrote:
So.....the sony demo is not your preferred source of info, but the MS demo is ok?
When Sony says the competetion can't do 1:1 mo-cap (like they said in the past about how the competetion couldn't do 1080p) than that is a different thing than commenting about the actual demonstration and concept both E3 demos have shown. As you can read in my previous posts I have commented on both press demos, and the fact that Sony still feels the need to put another controller in it to make it work is something I got from the Sony demo, not the MS demo, apart from that I have not commented on how any of the stuff they showed off at this E3 feels to use for myself, as I don't feel I can do that without trying it first hand. I have however commented on my own first hand experience with both the Wii, the EyeToy and PSeye, without citing any of the Nintendo or Sony PR drivel. Obviously you feel the need to discount a MS technology that NONE of us have tried for themselves yet, and promote a Sony technology that NONE of us have tried for themselves yet, based purely on PR sour grapes from one company (be honest; Natal stole Sony's motion sensing 'thunder' this E3, simple as that). It's also telling that your forum signature only shows details from THAT specific company and not the other one. I know what a fanboy is and I know how ridiculous flamewars get started, but do respect the fact that I myself own 4 Sony consoles (PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 and love 'em all) versus 2 MS consoles (360 Premium, 360 Elite (need a spare one for when it breaks down again)). Like I said, I am a fanboy of neither, I just like good games, and I try to look at this E3 objectively as a fan of good games, but that doesn't mean that this Natal tech doesn't have me very excited with anticipation, more than any other motion sensing stuff from either Sony or Nintendo. PS. On a side note; I own a 5 year old TrackIr headtracking device for PC that does 3D tracking without noticeble lag at 180 fps just fine (albeit with the need for a basebal cap add-on peripheral) so I know what was technically possible 5 years ago, and that is basically why I'm not so impressed with Sony's offering as it is basically the exact same concept.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370839

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
Kwyjibo;370825 wrote:
When Sony says the competetion can't do 1:1 mo-cap (like they said in the past about how the competetion couldn't do 1080p)
They never said MS couldnt do 1:1...they just said they can.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370843

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Bloodburn;370839 wrote:
They never said MS couldnt do 1:1...they just said they can.
Well then what is your problem? Why do you assume that there is a 1 second latency in the MS system? Then why are YOU constantly making that comparison? I honestly don't get what it is you are trying to prove...

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370854

Just watched the MILO video. If this is legit... i'm fucking shocked. Just WoW
Dunemaul PvP - 108 days /playedElune PvE - 180 days /played288 days of playing WoW since 2005. /wrists

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370878

Milo seems like cool tech but from an entertainment aspect seems kinda pointless. Gamewise, Sony's motion controller seems more feasible / enjoyable.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370969

• Bloodburn
  • Level 10
The sony Eyepet = milo, just its a monkey, not a person.The tech is old.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #371004

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Bloodburn;370969 wrote:
So is the concept of fanboyism... Can you taste how sour those grapes are?

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 5 months ago #371261

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Bloodburn;370969 wrote:
Not. Even. Close.Eyepet is augmented reality based on a 2D view and 2D barcodes.Milo is like an interactive window based on 3D movement tracking with facial and voice recognition. I'm not claiming the tech behind it is "new" but it's a new combination of said tech. You can't really call a technology old until it's actually hit the mainstream market.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 5 months ago #373630

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1