Forum

TOPIC: Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity?

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370362

I thought the Lionhead video was very impressive. Even just the option of a controller-free interaction with menu selections, communicating with friends and the like is a step into a very interesting direction. I agree with Scot to wait and see what the developers can do to really open it up. It truly feels like a big step that Microsoft will be taking with this and I guess all I can really say right now is that I hope its not another EyeToy.
[gamercard]MisterMasterFu[/gamercard][psnid]MisterDrunkenFu[/psnid]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370372

• JUSTINFL
  • Level 10
can't weight to see milo's reaction when i show him my dick

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370376

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
Nintendo brought up a point about these new controllers and such, there can be such a thing as too real. Like motionplus, natal, and sony's thing make the player do the actual movements in the game, so the players skill relies on their skill in these real situations. In that EA tennis game you need to do the actual swings, but what about people who can't do these swings? People play games to live fantasies, like being a tennis pro or a great hockey player. I am not good at hockey, and I would not feel like a pro if I had to awkwardly shoot. I can't put it into words very well, but it is putting too much reality into our games.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370380

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
People complained about no eject / close option on the dashboard because they were to lazy to get up and push a button on the 360...which they obviously would be standing by anyway if they were changing discs. Now MS thinks people are going to break a fucking sweat just to play video games. There is a reason a movie theaters have rows of big reclining chairs and Coke holders instead of a bunch of tread mills. With every company coming out with a different style 'motion controller' I don't see much getting past 1st party games. Seriously MS, the "Vision Cam" had one game - ONE FUCKING GAME - didn't you learn you lesson? Yeah, I'll take this when it is built into the system from the ground up for the Minority Report UI or some added head tracking in games but leave this stupid 'motion control' shit on the drawing room floor. Nintendo rolled 11 but don't even think they could do it again.The "ultimate" controller is the mind, not the body.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370383

• jwg
I can't wait to make Milo cuss.Milo: What's your name?Me: FuckfaceMilo: Hello, Fuckface!

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370391

• broxy bear
  • Stage B - 3
JUSTINFL;370372 wrote:
JUSTINFL pulls down pants and show Milo his penisMilo rolls around laughing and says " hahahaha is that all you got " Milo shows off his computer enhanced dickJUSTINFL walks up to xbox powers it down never to switch it on again:badgrin::badgrin:
200,000 gained @ 16:34 15th July 2010 achievement which took me over this milestone was THE BEST DEFENCE... Prison Break: The Conspiracy300,000 gained @ 17:22 13th May 2012 achievement which took me over this milestone was Freedom : homefront

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370433

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Compared to Nintendo and Sony's 'motion controller' offerings I think this looks like something a lot more profound and a lot less gimmicky. I still remember being really stoked about the Wii and then the complete deception the first time I played it; the fact that it's easier to play most Wii games by cheating the controls (flick of the wrist bowling in Wii sports, using your hands instead of feet on the balance board in Wii fit) completely makes the motioncontrollers obsolete, but this Natal thing looks like it has potential far beyond the gimmicks of Wii and Sony motion controls. Somehow MS seem to 'get it' lately on pretty much all fronts (case in point Windows 7).

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370439

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
JUSTINFL;370372 wrote:
The Natal camera can't recognize down to the millimeter bro.

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370444

• Duraly
  • Level 10
Sully907;370439 wrote:
The Natal camera can't recognize down to the millimeter bro.
Actually, acording to Area5 it can....:):eyes:
[psnid]Duraly[/psnid]

Project NATAL and Milo: Evolution of Gaming or Downfall of Humanity? 10 years 6 months ago #370448

• Wampa_One
  • Level 1
Kwyjibo;370433 wrote:
Compared to Nintendo and Sony's 'motion controller' offerings I think this looks like something a lot more profound and a lot less gimmicky. I still remember being really stoked about the Wii and then the complete deception the first time I played it; the fact that it's easier to play most Wii games by cheating the controls (flick of the wrist bowling in Wii sports, using your hands instead of feet on the balance board in Wii fit) completely makes the motioncontrollers obsolete, but this Natal thing looks like it has potential far beyond the gimmicks of Wii and Sony motion controls. Somehow MS seem to 'get it' lately on pretty much all fronts (case in point Windows 7).
Hate to disagree but the eye cam on my PS3 can recognize motion and do the same thing that breakout game they demoed in fact that has been possible since the ps2, the only thing that was somewhat innovative was the creepy little brother but then again the ps3 has that in the form of a monkey. There was nothing new here just a bunch of hype as usual that will most likely turn out to be just like mezmerize or aquatopia on the ps3. The main thing both Sony and Nintendo get that microsoft doesn't is that a controller is necessary for some applications. Are you going to say "bang" everytime you want to shoot in an FPS? Or maybe zap or zing or you get the point it's not possible to move an on screen character independently without some type of controller. If you go back and look at the milo video milo controls where the player moves to not the player he is pulling the chick over to the left and she is doing a decent job acting as if she is causing the motion by mock walking. Good idea but it certainly isn't anything new or mindblowing. I just like everyone else got caught up in the moment but now that I am back down to earth I see it for what it really is.