Forum

TOPIC: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368651

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Zidy;368643 wrote:
Oblivion is much shallower then its predecessors.
I think Oblivion is more simplified. It takes you by the hand and leads you everywhere. In Morrowind it kicked you off the boat and told you to fend for yourself. I could never past the first quest. It was very distraction and the fighting mechanic sucked.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368697

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Oh yeah I agree. There is some stuff I miss about Morrowind, like some of the skills and amount of weapons and armor. Also, when you get higher level in Oblivion you see bandits with Daedric weapons and armor, that always bugged the crap out of me. Other then that, Oblivion ftw.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368702

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
The auto-leveling/equipment thing was my biggest peeve about that. Totally broke IMERSHUN for me."I just saved motherloving Kvatch, and these bandit scrubs are suddenly wielding Glass Hammers and Axes? I've never found anything better than Steel. What the shit?!"

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368704

• Vizruy
  • Level 6
I beat it last night. I think I'm going to jump to the Shivering Isles (the end of the main campaign was terrible).
[gamercard]Vizruy[/gamercard]

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368706

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Vizruy;368704 wrote:
I beat it last night. I think I'm going to jump to the Shivering Isles (the end of the main campaign was terrible).
Here is what I did and how how I got my moneys worth. I have Oblivion and all the expansions.1. Completed the main story. I didn't bother the portals unless they were story related. The only repercussion of this was the random encounters with Oblivion creators while randomly exploring the world.2. Arena. Do the Grey Prince quest.3. Assassins Guild then Thefts Guild. These give you evil karma. You'll want good karma for the next quests.4. Knights of the Nine. Complete the pilgrimage. This removes bad karma and gives you good.5. Fighters Guild then Mages Guild.6. Shivering Isles. I chose the good route.7. Download the free Castle. This is the best home in Oblivion.8. Screwed off and explored.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368708

• jwg
Don't forget to do some Daedric Shrine quest.I made a new character and started a new game last night. I'm just gonna go around and beat the hell out of everyone with my new Orc character with a sledgehammer. I plan on doing as little level grinding as humanly possible. I hate it.I really hope Bethesda rips off Fallout 3's leveling system for the next Elder Scrolls game.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368710

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
jwg;368708 wrote:
Don't forget to do some Daedric Shrine quest.I made a new character and started a new game last night. I'm just gonna go around and beat the hell out of everyone with my new Orc character with a sledgehammer. I plan on doing as little level grinding as humanly possible. I hate it.I really hope Bethesda rips off Fallout 3's leveling system for the next Elder Scrolls game.
If you even need to know how to max your sneaking skill in a few hours ask me.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368717

• Vizruy
  • Level 6
Token White Guy;368706 wrote:
Here is what I did and how how I got my moneys worth. I have Oblivion and all the expansions.1. Completed the main story. I didn't bother the portals unless they were story related. The only repercussion of this was the random encounters with Oblivion creators while randomly exploring the world.2. Arena. Do the Grey Prince quest.3. Assassins Guild then Thefts Guild. These give you evil karma. You'll want good karma for the next quests.4. Knights of the Nine. Complete the pilgrimage. This removes bad karma and gives you good.5. Fighters Guild then Mages Guild.6. Shivering Isles. I chose the good route.7. Download the free Castle. This is the best home in Oblivion.8. Screwed off and explored.
Sounds good! I just bought the game of the year edition. Quick question: Is the castle free? I only have around 1100 gold after beating the main quest (Not enough to buy a house). Also, the armor you get after finishing the main quest sucks! I stole Mankar Camoran's robes which are stronger. What level are you guys? I'm only a level 3 character. :(
[gamercard]Vizruy[/gamercard]

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368720

• jwg
If you even need to know how to max your sneaking skill in a few hours ask me.
Yeah, I think I know that one. Just go into sneak mode near someone sleeping and keep sneaking. It's mainly mastering Destruction, Restoration, and Marksmen that make me want to toss a cat through a window.I don't believe the castle cost any gold. My highest level character was, I think, 38. I'd pretty much done everything with him besides exploring a few random caves and castles.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #368722

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
Vizruy;368717 wrote:
Sounds good! I just bought the game of the year edition. Quick question: Is the castle free? I only have around 1100 gold after beating the main quest (Not enough to buy a house). Also, the armor you get after finishing the main quest sucks! I stole Mankar Camoran's robes which are stronger. What level are you guys? I'm only a level 3 character. :(
Did you download it? The castle is free. All you have to do is stop four r five bad guys trying to get in. It isn't hard. You just have to buy all the upgrades for it.jwg;368720 wrote:
Yeah, I think I know that one. Just go into sneak mode near someone sleeping and keep sneaking. It's mainly mastering Destruction, Restoration, and Marksmen that make me want to toss a cat through a window.I don't believe the castle cost any gold. My highest level character was, I think, 38. I'd pretty much done everything with him besides exploring a few random caves and castles.
My sneaking technique is faster. Find the woman who has that cursed staff (the one that spawns trolls), go up stairs face the door and tape the movement stick forward. You'll bee at 100 in a matter of hours. You can also use the trolls for boosting your blunt/sword/bow weapon stats.