Forum

TOPIC: Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367230

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
So I picked up Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion Game of the Year Edition yesterday (thank you GameStop for the 20% coupon).Other than the super awesome Horse Armor, any other recommended DLC? (Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine comes with the GOTY)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367240

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
DL the free castle fortress. That is where I set up shop.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367247

• Hendrix
I wouldn't recommend any of the DLC until you play into the game a bit. Wait until you either decide you're hooked or not. Most of the smaller DLC was designed for specific character types anyway, so it would depend on what kind of character you're playing.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367267

• Beta76
  • Level 5
I found the Oblivion GOTY edition for 26.99 at the Gamestop near me. I have an xboxmagazine demo disc that has the Thieves Den , and the Wizards Tower. Thieves Den is pretty cool, it's a broken down pirate ship that was stuck in a cave, and the Wizards Tower is a tower/house that is in the snowy mountains. The Vampire hideout is good also, just in case you become a vampire in the game, you can heal yourself if you found the right items, and you don't have to go through the long drawn out process of finding the quest to be healed.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367275

• Vizruy
  • Level 6
Damn, I bought this game... played it for about 6 hours and put it down because of the high time commitment. I've been planning to pick it up again but I can't find the freaking disk!!! I saw the ps3 version for about $15 at gamestop. Does the PS3 version have trophies, I know it's kind of lame but I need an extra insentive to do a 100 hour game. Ironically I've been replaying Mass Effect (I fucking LOVE this game) for the fourth time now too... Mainly because the story and the world is so freaking amazing (and I want to get to level 60 before the new one comes out)., I am level 57 now although I heard that 59-60 is a thorough play through.On my 4th time (ME) I've encountered quests I had never seen before so, got to love that!Enough with my rambling about nothing.Cheers!
[gamercard]Vizruy[/gamercard]

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367286

• jwg
What type of character are you gonna play as? If you're focusing on magic, get the Wizards Tower. If you're being an evil person who's focusing on magic, add The Vile Liar to that as well. The Wizards Tower lets you enchant armor and make your own spells without joining the Mages Guild. The Vile Lair allows you to heal yourself at an alter if you're evil enough. Mehrune's Razor is just a quest for an item...a dagger. An dagger which really isn't as good as some of the other weapons in the game. The Orrery kinda sucks, so I'd hold off on that. Same for the Spell Tomes.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367288

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
I can't seem to play this game without falling asleep.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367303

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Well at this point I'm kind of shooting for a stealthy warrior, with a light touch of magic. I went with the stealth since I left myself in sneak mode the whole time after the game instructed me on how to do it. I turned it off after getting outside, but it had a huge point lead. I figured to go through as a warrior to keep it simple, but I have leaned on the spell use a bit here and there.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367311

• jwg
Make sure you focus on Illusion magic if you're going to play a sneaky character. Illusion magic has two spells, Ghostwalk and Chameleon, that are very useful for stealth characters.

Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion 10 years 4 months ago #367317

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Cool.Interestingly I just found I had that old OXM disc with Wizards Tower and Thieves Den . It also has the Shivering Isles DLC surprisingly.