Forum

TOPIC: AG Racing series returns

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364195

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Obviously I would hate to be excluded from the series, especially since I've done pretty well in the first series. I don't know why it is such an issue as I don't recall any such issues with either Forza 2 or PGR, so it must be bad netcode for this game in particular. In any case, I don't get any warping or lag on my side from any of your cars so I don't really know what to say. As for yesterdays' race, that was a really good one, Hendrix was right on my tail at the very end (I think he finished within a second or 2) and it was becoming a staring contest of who would make the first mistake. I also spent an entire day practising for the wrong track (oops!) so that didn't help with consistency either. I hope I am still able to join for the next series, as I really like racing with the All Games community... For the time we race that doesn't really matter to me as long as it's not too late in the evening, I have to add 6 hours to EST, so if that means racing at 5am then obviously I'm not able to compete. I also like the idea of running in teams, with a team championship as well. It will make it easier to share those little cornering and setup secrets and I wouldn't mind 'coaching' a slower driver into a strong team outfit.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364202

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
If we are going to run unlocked cars be wary of a career crashing bug in the game that will cause you to loose everything. Whenever you load up the game; even if you are just going into multiplayer, make sure you check on your career first and see your stats listed. If you do not see your career is in tact you must never 'start new' or go into anything - even MP - or else all could be lost. If you see your career is missing you need to turn off your 360 immediately and then restart. Hopefully that brings it back. The best is to backup your career to a MU if you have one.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364204

• Hendrix
Kwyjibo;364195 wrote:
Obviously I would hate to be excluded from the series, especially since I've done pretty well in the first series. I don't know why it is such an issue as I don't recall any such issues with either Forza 2 or PGR, so it must be bad netcode for this game in particular. In any case, I don't get any warping or lag on my side from any of your cars so I don't really know what to say. As for yesterdays' race, that was a really good one, Hendrix was right on my tail at the very end (I think he finished within a second or 2) and it was becoming a staring contest of who would make the first mistake. I also spent an entire day practising for the wrong track (oops!) so that didn't help with consistency either. I hope I am still able to join for the next series, as I really like racing with the All Games community... For the time we race that doesn't really matter to me as long as it's not too late in the evening, I have to add 6 hours to EST, so if that means racing at 5am then obviously I'm not able to compete. I also like the idea of running in teams, with a team championship as well. It will make it easier to share those little cornering and setup secrets and I wouldn't mind 'coaching' a slower driver into a strong team outfit.
I think you hit it on the head there. It's bad netcode. When we were doing all the Forza 2 series, we had people like Kropotkin and Spooner, who were in England. There was a bit of lag at times but nothing like we've been seeing in Race Pro.I'm going to go back on the North America only thing. Kwyjibo is not going to be excluded from the next series. It's only one person, and so far it's only caused one incident. As far as the time goes, I think we're just going to keep running the series at the same time we have been. If there's enough people who want to run later, we can set up a totally separate series for that.I also like the idea of teams. Obviously myself, Kwyjibo, Derrick, or Chrisphil, can't be on the same team. Again, it's something thats open to discussion by everyone. And no, team orders like blocking people will not be allowed.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364207

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
Well, thanks for not excluding me, I'm on the fastest speed my ISP allows for where I live, and it appears that the uplink still isn't very high (problems are usually on full rooms in Race Pro, 1 or 2 cars less works just fine, as does practice, it's the race more than anything). Did someone manage to record last race? I'd like to know how bad things are from your perspective, as I never seems to see any big lag on other cars from my perspective. As for the one incident (I guess you're referring to crisphil and me touching on Zandvoort) that was as much a 'lapping' incident (Blue flag rule doesn't seem to work properly) as anything else IMO. Teams would be really cool and it's obvious team orders (in the style of F1 Ferrari orders of blocking and such) should not interfere with racing, but having a separate points system for teams would make driving consistently and grabbing points wherever you can more of a motivator for both drivers (you don't want to disappoint your teammate now, do you?).

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364210

• dhopkins
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
Teammates must drive the same type/sponsor of car.D

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364221

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
dhopkins;364210 wrote:
Teammates must drive the same type/sponsor of car.D
Exactly

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364243

Kwyjibo;364221 wrote:
Exactly
Use results from the first series to pick teams. I would say, 4 teams, 2 to 3 drivers. Team 1, (1)Kwyjibo, (8 ) Lnin0, (9)RolexDPracerTeam 2, (2)Hendrix, (7)VaRaces, (10)DcBroncoTeam 3, (2)Maximillion, (6)Binary, (11)AlphaboxTeam 4, (4)DcNate, (5)Chrisphil, (12)AbsoluteBollockI wouldn't say these teams would be close to fair but thats if we use the results.
Gamertag: chrisphil1724 - Wiicode: 3696 4868 3650 6545 - PSN: chrisphil1724

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364245

• Kwyjibo
  • Level 1
For the sake of variety on the grid, don't you think 2 car teams are the way to go (5-6 teams, 2 cars per team)? I have spoken to Rolex about forming a team, and he seemed cool with it. It would be nice to have as many different cars on grid as possible. I was leaning towards the Spyker myself (it being a made in Holland, just like me...) but it obviously needs to be a car that my teammate can live with as well.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364247

• Hendrix
chrisphil1724;364243 wrote:
Use results from the first series to pick teams. I would say, 4 teams, 2 to 3 drivers. Team 1, (1)Kwyjibo, (8 ) Lnin0, (9)RolexDPracerTeam 2, (2)Hendrix, (7)VaRaces, (10)DcBroncoTeam 3, (2)Maximillion, (6)Binary, (11)AlphaboxTeam 4, (4)DcNate, (5)Chrisphil, (12)AbsoluteBollockI wouldn't say these teams would be close to fair but thats if we use the results.
I think 2 car teams is the way to go. Team principals as follows perhapsKwyjiboHendrixMaximillionChrisphilDcNateVaRacesIncluding Derrick's idea of both cars in the team being the same car, running the same paintjob. Thoughts?

AG Racing series returns 10 years 5 months ago #364252

It doesn't matter to me. Every time I think that I will have a breakthrough race, I push to hard and spin out. I'd probably race more patiently (if not better) if I had a teammate. Last race after pitting then spinning out, I threw a ChrissyPhit (j/k) and shut off my 360. That wouldn't happen if I felt responsible for someone else.
360: AbsoluteBollock - PlayStation 3: AbsoluteBollocks - My Wii friend code: 5483 8750 5777 4549