Forum

TOPIC: AG Racing series returns

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #360974

• Hendrix
Beginning on Sunday March 8th, the AG racing series will return using Race Pro.For the first series we'll use the WTCC cars, and do 15 lap races. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide wether or not you want to do mandatory pitstops for the first series. This series will probably be a 4 or 5 race series. Also, I'm still not sure wether or not to use rain. Rules and regulations.First and foremost, don't be a douche. Assholes will be removed from the series and banned for life. Racers will be required to declare their cars in this thread, and run the same car for the entire series. Duplicate cars will not be allowed. What this means, is that once someone picks the #15 Alfa Romeo for instance, it can't be used by another competitor. You can still pick from the remaining Alfa's or other cars, just not one that's already been claimed. A rule about qualifying as well. When the session switches to qualifying, everyone must wait for the race organizer(me) to count down from 5, before beginning their lap. This rule is to make sure everyone starts their qualifying lap at the same time. If a competitor repeatedly jumps the gun on qualifying, they will be subject to removal from the series. The race setting will be set to Professional, so ABS, traction control, stability control, and racing lines will not be allowed.The track list.Race 1. ZandvoortRace 2. OscherslebenRace 3. Laguna SecaRace 4. Brands HatchStart laying claim to your vehicles folks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #360975

• Hendrix
I'm claiming the #15 Alfa Romeo 156.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361045

I've been working so much I haven't had a chance to unlock many cars, better get cracking.... Anyone know if you can just blow through the game on easy to unlock things?
360: AbsoluteBollock - PlayStation 3: AbsoluteBollocks - My Wii friend code: 5483 8750 5777 4549

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361051

• Hendrix
Absolute Bollocks;361045 wrote:
I've been working so much I haven't had a chance to unlock many cars, better get cracking.... Anyone know if you can just blow through the game on easy to unlock things?
Yeah, when you do the career races you can set the difficulty to semi-pro or lower. That'll slow the AI down, and still let you turn off the assists if you want. I basically do this anytime Porto, Pau, or Macau are among the 3 races.The reason I went with the WTCC cars for this first series, is because they're unlocked from the beginning.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361052

I'll take 24 JAS MotorsportsI'm thinking yes on mandatory pitstops, however if you get a penalty that doesn't count. I don't know if we should do Professional or Semi-Pro. Professional maybe a bit too hard but Semi-Pro takes away a lot of the sim stuff. Playing the game on (vs AI) is fun on Professional because you can see the AI doesn't have the Driving Aids as well.
Gamertag: chrisphil1724 - Wiicode: 3696 4868 3650 6545 - PSN: chrisphil1724

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361056

• Hendrix
chrisphil1724;361052 wrote:
I'll take 24 JAS MotorsportsI'm thinking yes on mandatory pitstops, however if you get a penalty that doesn't count. I don't know if we should do Professional or Semi-Pro. Professional maybe a bit too hard but Semi-Pro takes away a lot of the sim stuff.
Ok that's a vote for mandatory stops. I'm not sure if Semi-Pro takes away any of the sim aspect. I think you can still turn the damage to realistic, and have wear turned on. We can do some practice races too and see what does what.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361062

I'll take the #46 Peugeot SportI second chrisphil's mandatory (plus penalty) pits. Also, I vote for professional, but I'm not against semi-pro for this first racing series if it gets some new people into the mix.
360: AbsoluteBollock - PlayStation 3: AbsoluteBollocks - My Wii friend code: 5483 8750 5777 4549

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361077

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
#5 BMW 320 Team SpainI vote no on training wheels if it allows you to run faster than without. Yes to mandatory stopping in pits.I think the WTCC cars average around 35 miles to the tank so if you wanted to run 20 instead of 15 most of the tracks would require a refuel anyway.

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361087

• dhopkins
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 2
If we get a full grid, I say go to 20 laps. The traffic at the end of the race would be a nice equalizer.D

AG Racing series returns 10 years 6 months ago #361097

I think it would be fun if we tried something new. Teammates. If we can evenly (meaning keeping drivers like Hendrix and Derrick off the same team) split drivers into teams of 2 it would be nice to see teams and individual drivers fight it out on the track, Also you'll have a 2nd person to help with your car setup. We could team Hendrix with slow-mo and see if he could coach him up. :P
Gamertag: chrisphil1724 - Wiicode: 3696 4868 3650 6545 - PSN: chrisphil1724