Forum

TOPIC: Get Stoked, Bitches!

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 8 months ago #357139

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
http://www.destructoid.com/preview-stoked-117027.phtmlNo. Literally...get this game. I don't want to play alone. Besides, you should support any developer with a name as cool as "Bongfish"smart went crazyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8fsmIAbCIY
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 8 months ago #357171

• jay irv
  • Level 4
i was debating on either getting this or skate 2 but seeing that i still didn't finish the first skate and the 40 dollar price tag i'm leaning more toward stoked, and since my car is broke down and i can't get up to the mountains to go boarding this year i figure this will be the next best thing.
Originally Posted by EvilWall "Whatever happened to the good old days when you could just hit a bitch over the head with a club?"

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 8 months ago #357210

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I played Stoked at PAX. It was rough. Really rough. I forget which day it was but you can hear therobd talk more about it on the podcast.

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 8 months ago #357281

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Decipher;357210 wrote:
I played Stoked at PAX. It was rough. Really rough. I forget which day it was but you can hear therobd talk more about it on the podcast.
When was PAX? Hopefully they have had some time to clean it up. One of the PAX previews I read said the game was pre-beta stages. Which podcast can I hear it on?

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 8 months ago #357443

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
End of August, beginning of September 2008. I forget which day it was that it was talked about. I think it was Saturday, but it may have been Sunday.

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 6 months ago #361402

• jay irv
  • Level 4
stoked releases today. are you still planning on getting it?
Originally Posted by EvilWall "Whatever happened to the good old days when you could just hit a bitch over the head with a club?"

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 6 months ago #361450

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Yep. picked it up on the way home from work. It has been a good month for $40 games.

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 6 months ago #362077

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Game is great. Don't buy into the low review scores. If you like Skate or Amped 2 then you will feel right at home in this game. Visually it is very well done, great snow effects, swirling winds, swaying trees, a very slick interface, amazing draw distance and rock solid frame rate. I have no idea what some of the people reviewing this game where thinking to bag on the visuals when really the only point of contention is the character models and even that is far from bad. I think most of the reviewers were thumb stick challenge and scared off by the initial and somewhat brutal intro. The game basically throws you out of the chopper and until you get through a good portion of challenges on the first of five massive 360 degree mountains you won't get into the meatier events, sponsorship or pro battles.Here are some better views:http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/stoked/review/stoked/a-2009030412162355040/g-20080903145058307086http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mM-7UOxG5HU&feature=channel(notice the slick full color manual and poster - something EA doesn't do in $60 games)

Get Stoked, Bitches! 10 years 6 months ago #362312

I didn't care much for the Shaun White game, but I definitely want to check this one out. :)