Forum

TOPIC: New warranty after getting 360 repaired?

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355449

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. Before I sent my 360 in my standard warranty was expired but I was ok since it was an RROD which is covered by the 3 year extension. After getting my Xbox repaired my warranty has changed from expired to a 1 year standard warranty. I don't remember that happening before, but Im not gonna complain. At least Im covered if any weird non-rrod issues pop up. When did Microsoft start doing this?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355454

Nut_Man;355449 wrote:
Just curious if anyone else has encountered this. Before I sent my 360 in my standard warranty was expired but I was ok since it was an RROD which is covered by the 3 year extension. After getting my Xbox repaired my warranty has changed from expired to a 1 year standard warranty. I don't remember that happening before, but Im not gonna complain. At least Im covered if any weird non-rrod issues pop up. When did Microsoft start doing this?
If it is a new console serial number they have to do that.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355459

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
J0HN-666-McCLANE;355454 wrote:
If it is a new console serial number they have to do that.
It's my same console that I sent in. Last time I got a "new" console sent back and they didn't give me an extended standard warranty or anything.

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355468

Nut_Man;355449 wrote:
Actually i noticed the SAME thing... I sent my RROD console out around Thanksgiving, when i went to the xbox service website after i got it back my expired warranty changed to a 1 year standard warranty... And like Nutman they sent back my original console... Its very odd that this hasn't been mentioned before... Because i can imagine people forcing RROD their 360's to get the 1 year warranty...
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and fuck the prom Queen"- Sean Connery*The Official Token OLR and USL Hebrew*

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355472

• LowVoltag3
same with me. But They sent me back a "new" console. It still says I have the 3 year RROD warranty. Anyway, it doesn't really matter. Just send it in saying you have a RROD and they'll fix it no matter what.

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355818

• Rob Himself
  • Level 9
  • Thank you received: 2
Mines about to be sent off to be fixed and i was wondering if the RROD warranty gets reset as i have had mine for 2 years and 9 months.

New warranty after getting 360 repaired? 10 years 9 months ago #355820

• broxy bear
  • Stage B - 3
from what i believe its three months fro the manufactur date or one year after your last repair . thats what i was told from microsoft customer support
200,000 gained @ 16:34 15th July 2010 achievement which took me over this milestone was THE BEST DEFENCE... Prison Break: The Conspiracy300,000 gained @ 17:22 13th May 2012 achievement which took me over this milestone was Freedom : homefront