Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility?

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355248

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
DaRocketeer;355223 wrote:
Hahahahaha I'm being judged by a Dallas Cowboys fan. Oh, the irony.
And your fucking point is, douche?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355266

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
And now the drama begins.....Realtime Worlds: We'd be 'gutted' if MS gave Crackdown 2 to another developerSounds like ex-Realtime employees didn't quite leave on friendly terms.

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355272

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Feelgood;355220 wrote:
Are you serious? I stopped playing after 2 hours. People said Assassin's Creed was repetitive. This game bored me into submission. To each his own I guess.
Man, there's no way to say this without sounding like a pretentious asshole, so I'll just say it: I think the peeps who got the most out of Crackdown were those who had the patience and capacity to make their own fun within the sandbox environment. The traditional "game" aspect of it is secondary to the "emergent gameplay" aspects. Similarly, there is a very Spider-man 2 feel to the title in that simply traversing the environment is enjoyable, if not flat-out exhilarating.If you're judging it based purely on its merits as a traditional, somewhat linear console title, then I agree, pretty fucking boring. But if you're able to take the tools that they give you and enjoy them sans narrative, then I contend it becomes significantly more enjoyable.

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355283

Feelgood;355248 wrote:
And your fucking point is, douche?
Whoa stop the tears T.O. it was just a choke.
If we go down, we go down together.....

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355288

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
Flavius;355272 wrote:
Man, there's no way to say this without sounding like a pretentious asshole, so I'll just say it: I think the peeps who got the most out of Crackdown were those who had the patience and capacity to make their own fun within the sandbox environment. The traditional "game" aspect of it is secondary to the "emergent gameplay" aspects. Similarly, there is a very Spider-man 2 feel to the title in that simply traversing the environment is enjoyable, if not flat-out exhilarating.If you're judging it based purely on its merits as a traditional, somewhat linear console title, then I agree, pretty fucking boring. But if you're able to take the tools that they give you and enjoy them sans narrative, then I contend it becomes significantly more enjoyable.
Plus, if you play the game with a friend, its hands down the best Co op experience to date.

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355295

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Anyone that thinks Crackdown is a shitty game or was boring as fuck, in my opinion, either has no friends or them and their friends have boring, unimaginative minds.Oh Crackdown, how I love you, let me count the ways.-Pulling citizens out of their cars and watching God's blind justice take care of them on the super highway in the Volk area, right around the tunnel entrance and where that fat lady with all of the missles was hiding.-The general dispensing of justice.-Using citizens bodies as tools of justice.-Clothslining huge crowds of people with poles.-Bowling with street lights.-Driving a PT Cruiser at 1 mile an hour.-Being big manly dolphins.-Rocket tagging.-Regular tag (before the DLC)-Dreaming of agility orbs.-Ramping with the buggy.-Getting the extremely satisfying achievements.And more I can't even think of right now.

Report: Scottish Developer Ruffian Formed - Crackdown 2 A Possibility? 10 years 9 months ago #355308

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
My bro and I would take a tank through town and harpoon as many people as we could to it.. soo damned fun.That and rocket baseball. When at max strength, take a car, throw it at your friend. Your friend then shoots said car with a rocket and sends it flying. Good times.
  • Page: