Forum

TOPIC: Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354948

  • Lord Moon
  • Lord Moon's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7340
  • Karma: 1371
J0HN-666-McCLANE;354945 wrote:
If that is a launch console then your sir are extremely lucky.
No it's an Elite and it's about 1 year old.:)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354950

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
jwg;354937 wrote:
You can add two more games that didn't get counted in that 55,000 right here. I've owned just about every console since the Nes and the 360 is easily the biggest piece of shit out of all of them. Nintendo makes some damn reliable consoles. Too bad they don't have more than maybe two games I'd ever want to play on their new system.I don't care about Microsoft getting sued. Fuck them.
yeah Nintendo consoles are amazing quality.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354970

Nut_Man;354909 wrote:
You still don't get it do you? I was never defending Microsoft for their idiotic decisions involving the manufacturing of the 360. I was just saying that the disc scratching isn't some new epidemic like the RROD. 55,000 complaints(as of april 2008 ) out of 25,000,000 360 owners isn't a lot. Sure it's a problem for some people, but womfalc is making a mountain out of a molehill.
Okay.For a complaint to be counted, you have to have paid $100 to receive a new, equally faulty ODD. What fraction of people that have had their disks scratched are going to hand over $100 to MS to not have their console for 6 weeks and not actually solve the problem?The only people outside warranty who will pay for the new ODD are those ignorant of the fact that it won't help and believe the console will destroy at least another 3 games (or are financially illiterate enough not to know what an incredible rip-off it is).A lot more than 55,000 people have the problem, they're simply not wasting $100 to 'file a complaint'.
I refuse to have a decent signature
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354972

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
dainbramaged;354970 wrote:
Okay.For a complaint to be counted, you have to have paid $100 to receive a new, equally faulty ODD. What fraction of people that have had their disks scratched are going to hand over $100 to MS to not have their console for 6 weeks and not actually solve the problem?The only people outside warranty who will pay for the new ODD are those ignorant of the fact that it won't help and believe the console will destroy at least another 3 games (or are financially illiterate enough not to know what an incredible rip-off it is).A lot more than 55,000 people have the problem, they're simply not wasting $100 to 'file a complaint'.
Well then all we have is speculation here. You can use anecdotal evidence from message boards to try and make your case that the disc scratching is a big problem, but it doesn't mean much. So I guess the entire discussion is a bit pointless.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354973

dainbramaged;354970 wrote:
Okay.For a complaint to be counted, you have to have paid $100 to receive a new, equally faulty ODD. What fraction of people that have had their disks scratched are going to hand over $100 to MS to not have their console for 6 weeks and not actually solve the problem?The only people outside warranty who will pay for the new ODD are those ignorant of the fact that it won't help and believe the console will destroy at least another 3 games (or are financially illiterate enough not to know what an incredible rip-off it is).A lot more than 55,000 people have the problem, they're simply not wasting $100 to 'file a complaint'.
Or the games that got scratched were not MS Studio games that cost you an extra $20 per disc for replacement.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354978

Nut_Man;354972 wrote:
Well then all we have is speculation here. You can use anecdotal evidence from message boards to try and make your case that the disc scratching is a big problem, but it doesn't mean much. So I guess the entire discussion is a bit pointless.
Its not anecotal or speculation. If you don't go thru with the programs in place they don't get counted.You sir are becoming the wolmfalc of the 360 side.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354980

Nut_Man;354972 wrote:
Well then all we have is speculation here. You can use anecdotal evidence from message boards to try and make your case that the disc scratching is a big problem, but it doesn't mean much. So I guess the entire discussion is a bit pointless.
I'm not claiming to know the number - it's just significantly higher than 55,000.
I refuse to have a decent signature
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354984

  • Nut_Man
  • Nut_Man's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3432
  • Karma: 10
J0HN-666-McCLANE;354978 wrote:
Its not anecotal or speculation. If you don't go thru with the programs in place they don't get counted.You sir are becoming the wolmfalc of the 360 side.
What are you even talking about? You guys are saying(with some good reasons) that the number is higher than 55,000 because of how you go about "filing a complaint". Since thats what you guys are sticking to then everything here is just speculation. We have no numbers and all we can do is use anecdotal evidence from message boards. Such as you Mr. Die hard saying that you've had X amount of 360s die. That doesn't prove anything. Neither does any other "evidence" lifted off of message boards. You can say that you think the number is significantly higher but we don't have anything to prove that. Thats all I was saying. :) So...you're wrong. It is speculation and the only other evidence we have is hearsay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #354995

I lifted ZERO information out of message boards.1-800-4-MYXBOX <-- Right there . That fucking number right there.Try going through it by having it happen to you and call it.If you dont go thru the replacement plan they enter ZERO information. No invoice, no receipt, no shipping labels, hence no record.55,000 registered complaints.How is it that hard to comprehend?55,000 plus gamers were put out by this but its ok in your eyes because the number is still low. Whatever man. 55,000 is NOT a small amount of people no matter how you slice it.There is no sense even explaining shit to you if it isn't in a goddamn leaked .pdf you didn't read.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 10 months ago #355307

  • Decipher
  • Decipher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2290
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 10
American components, Japanese components... ALL MADE IN TAIWAN!
The administrator has disabled public write access.