Forum

TOPIC: Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354861

• womfalcs3
  • Level 10
Blackwolf;354860 wrote:
No, you got it wrong. PS3's don't break, there are zero hardware flaws. If someone's PS3 breaks, it's because the user is ignorant and is too stupid to own a PS3.I thought womfalcs3 stayed out of the Microsoft forum?
Your post only reflects how much your knowledge is lacking in the concepts of manufacturing. If you want to be educated, I'll be happy to spend my time with you. If you don't want to be educated, or if you are educated and you're just posting to be immature about it, then I recommend you admit to the difference between the two systems.PS. This thread was posted in the multiplatform forum initially.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354863

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
womfalcs3;354861 wrote:
Your post only reflects how much your knowledge is lacking in the concepts of manufacturing. If you want to be educated, I'll be happy to spend my time with you. If you don't want to be educated, or if you are educated and you're just posting to be immature about it, then I recommend you admit to the difference between the two systems.PS. This thread was posted in the multiplatform forum initially.
I prefer to believe the explanations provided to me by Sony customer support as well as the independent explanations provided to me by my partners for FNG who's major part of their business is repairing consoles, including the PS3. If you would like, when my new show starts in January, we can devote a segment to what they say happened to my PS3, and you can even call in and educate them if you wish - because they've had a few come in with the exact same problem (and they've repaired them) so I'm sure they would take any education you can give them!Guess someone moved the thread before I saw it then, my bad.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354864

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
If we all just step back from the whole PS3 vs XBOX debate, womfalcs3 argument does hold water. As far as manufacturing anything is concerned; the Japanese are head and shoulders above all other countries. Across the board, manufacturers in all sectors are switching their Quality Management Systems to Japanese models. The idea of engineering quality into design is paramount in these systems. The idea is to eliminate all controllable variables BEFORE production begins.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354869

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
womfalcs3;354859 wrote:
Hey Nut Man, have you gotten your X360 back from repairs yet?Comparing the prevalence of RROD and intentionally allowing your consumer to go through disc scratches and RROD to a PS3 firmware update that affected very few is not only immature, but a sign of argumentative desperation. If the disc scratches are so few, you wouldn't have Microsoft getting sued by the EU and in the US for it.55,000? More like 55,000 on NeoGAF alone who have been affected from the posts there.I can't believe people defend Microsoft in all this. It's very mentally backwards. I thank God I don't share your mentality.
So you would rather take your own anecdotal evidence from message boards than the official numbers? Well ok then. Have fun with your video game conspiracy theories.The fact is Microsoft has received 55,000 complaints about the problem. You can say that you think the number is higher but how are we suppose to know if Microsoft doesn't get complaints from those people? Give it up. You're just spouting nonsensical fanboy-esque garbage now.Btw, I love how womfalc talks to blackwolf like he's an idiot. What a douche.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354879

Nut_Man;354869 wrote:
So you would rather take your own anecdotal evidence from message boards than the official numbers? Well ok then. Have fun with your video game conspiracy theories.The fact is Microsoft has received 55,000 complaints about the problem. You can say that you think the number is higher but how are we suppose to know if Microsoft doesn't get complaints from those people? Give it up. You're just spouting nonsensical fanboy-esque garbage now.Btw, I love how womfalc talks to blackwolf like he's an idiot. What a douche.
You can't trust the numbers given to you by the actual company the numbers are about. <---That goes for any company on the planet. Why is everyone so damn defensive over this piece of crap hardware.We all know its made like shit. We are all on at least our second console.How can you defend that?
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354883

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354889

I repeat:We all know its made like shit.We are all on at least our second console.How can you defend that?

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354898

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
J0HN-666-McCLANE;354889 wrote:
I repeat:We all know its made like shit.We are all on at least our second console.How can you defend that?
You said:
You can't trust the numbers given to you by the actual company the numbers are about. <---That goes for any company on the planet.
And I posted a reply that showed those numbers are reliable. It's not about "defending" the 360 or Microsoft. It's about calling people on their bullshit that this is some new epidemic for Xbox 360s when only 55,000 people have complained about it to Microsoft.I don't mean to say that 55,000 is a small number, but in comparison there are 25,000,000+ Xbox 360s out there.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354903

Call Microsoft on their bullshit then:
Microsoft Rejected Three Possible Solutions to its Design Defect.After the Xbox 360 was launched, Microsoft considered and rejected three possiblesolutions to the console’s defective design. Microsoft rejected a first solution, which would haveincreased the magnetic force of the disc holder, because it would allegedly interfere with themechanism that opened and closed the disc tray (another consequence of Microsoft’s decision touse the tray-loading ODD design). Umeno Dep. 230:6-11; Sidman Dec. ¶ 56.Microsoft rejected a second solution, which would have required slowing down gamedisc rotation speed to 8x, because it allegedly would increase the time it took for a game to load,and thus interfere with the game experience. Umeno Dep. 236:15-237:4; Sidman Dec. ¶ 52.Microsoft rejected a third solution, installing “bumpers” (small soft patches routinely used inother consumer ODDs), because it was allegedly too expensive (at as little as 50¢ per machine)and impractical due to concerns about adhering the bumpers.
how many 360's have you burned through so far?
I. Microsoft Has Turned the Xbox Defective Design into a Profit Generator.In response to the avalanche of customer complaints that the Xbox 360 destroys gamediscs, Microsoft adopted a policy of replacing ODDs whenever a customer complains forcefullyenough that their Xbox 360 has scratched a disc. However, if a console is outside warranty, theconsumer must pay Microsoft roughly $100 to replace one defective ODD for another defectiveODD.
As Microsoft admits, because all of the Xbox 360 ODDs are defectively designed, areplacement ODD is just as likely to scratch game discs as the prior ODD. When asked whyMicrosoft would attempt to assuage an unhappy customer by replacing an ODD with a newODD of the same defective design, Microsoft’s corporate representative testified, “although weknow…the console must have been moved, we still want to give the customer an option or anopportunity to keep playing the [Xbox 360] and enjoying the system.”
This is bullshit I never ever moved either of my 360's that scratched my games
Jose Garcia, the Microsoft head of Repair and Refurbishment, likewise testified that thereplacement was, “[j]ust to give the customer a new optical drive so that…from a customer’sperspective, they’re getting a new device, and that improves customer satisfaction.”
In a second attempt to profit from its own defective design at its customers’ expense,Microsoft adopted the “Xbox 360 Disc Replacement Program.” The Disc Replacement Programprovides that when a customer complains that the Xbox 360 console has destroyed a Microsoftpublishedgame disc, the game disc will be replaced for a $20 fee notwithstanding that there isonly an incremental cost, if any, to Microsoft for simply copying a DVD game disc. Microsoftdoes not offer the Disc Replacement Program for games published by third parties. This $20 feeis an easily quantifiable element of damages for members of the Damaged Disc Subclass.
Has any of this pissed you off yet,or did you only read the 55,000 part?

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354909

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
You still don't get it do you? I was never defending Microsoft for their idiotic decisions involving the manufacturing of the 360. I was just saying that the disc scratching isn't some new epidemic like the RROD. 55,000 complaints(as of april 2008 ) out of 25,000,000 360 owners isn't a lot. Sure it's a problem for some people, but womfalc is making a mountain out of a molehill.