Forum

TOPIC: Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354793

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
womfalcs3;354792 wrote:
Microsoft also said the RROD wasn't a huge deal before they finally admitted to it (About a year of denial.). Believing Microsoft is like believing Michael Jackson when he claims he never touched kids.
Here's where you fail epically: Microsoft never released actual NUMBERS about the RROD. They just said they thought it was below a certain percent. They have released(because they were forced to afaik) that they have received 55,000 complaints about Xbox 360's scratching discs. There are 25 million+ Xbox 360s worldwide.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354799

womfalcs3;354792 wrote:
Believing Microsoft is like believing Michael Jackson when he claims he never touched kids.
Womfalcs3, where on this doll did Mircosoft touch you and how often?:confused:
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354804

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
AmazedsatSuma;354799 wrote:
Womfalcs3, where on this doll did Mircosoft touch you and how often?:confused:
I like that the pic is from xbox.com

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354810

womfalcs3;354792 wrote:
Microsoft also said the RROD wasn't a huge deal before they finally admitted to it (About a year of denial.). Believing Microsoft is like believing Michael Jackson when he claims he never touched kids.
You leave the King of Pop out of this!
If we go down, we go down together.....

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354812

DaRocketeer;354810 wrote:
You leave the King of Pedo out of this!
FixedSorry I couldn't resist:p
http://twitter.com/AmazedSatsumaRandom thoughts from a random man

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354823

Lord Moon;354788 wrote:
See when it comes to the 360 womfalc is very happy to make mountains out of molehills, but if it's the PS3 he will downplay it as minor or not even a problem.
You've managed to perfectly distill his entire being into a single sentence. Nice.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354846

Nut_Man;354793 wrote:
Here's where you fail epically: Microsoft never released actual NUMBERS about the RROD. They just said they thought it was below a certain percent. They have released(because they were forced to afaik) that they have received 55,000 complaints about Xbox 360's scratching discs. There are 25 million+ Xbox 360s worldwide.
To actually file a complaint to microsoft you have to enter their disc replacement program where they compensate half the cost of only certain games. so a game their console scratched would end up costing you $90 with a 6 week turn around. That is what I was told from the customer service guy on the other end of 1-800-4-MYXBOX. I said fuck that got them shits buffed out so my complaint of 3 scratched games never made into their "numbers".It really is a big problem even if it hasn't happened to you.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354857

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
A manufacturer of a product knew and had data to support the fact that their product had inherent defects based on engineering validations and failure analysis testing. They proceeded to release said product to ensure they had a head start on competitors. Then they withheld their failure rate from the general public.This is news? Really, is it?I know it sucks but I don't quite understand why people are surprised. Go to consumer reports or the FDA website and you will see thousands of cases of this same exact thing. Every day manufacturers of products ignore or misinterpret failure analysis data to get their product to market quicker.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354859

• womfalcs3
  • Level 10
Hey Nut Man, have you gotten your X360 back from repairs yet?Lord Moon;354788 wrote:
See when it comes to the 360 womfalc is very happy to make mountains out of molehills, but if it's the PS3 he will downplay it as minor or not even a problem. Remember the PS3 update that was killing PS3's.And that is an even balance in his little world.
Comparing the prevalence of RROD and intentionally allowing your consumer to go through disc scratches and RROD to a PS3 firmware update that affected very few is not only immature, but a sign of argumentative desperation. If the disc scratches are so few, you wouldn't have Microsoft getting sued by the EU and in the US for it.55,000? More like 55,000 on NeoGAF alone who have been affected from the posts there.I can't believe people defend Microsoft in all this. It's very mentally backwards. I thank God I don't share your mentality.

Microsoft faces new Xbox 360 reliability accusations 10 years 11 months ago #354860

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Lord Moon;354788 wrote:
See when it comes to the 360 womfalc is very happy to make mountains out of molehills, but if it's the PS3 he will downplay it as minor or not even a problem. Remember the PS3 update that was killing PS3's.And that is an even balance in his little world.
No, you got it wrong. PS3's don't break, there are zero hardware flaws. If someone's PS3 breaks, it's because the user is ignorant and is too stupid to own a PS3.I thought womfalcs3 stayed out of the Microsoft forum?
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam