Forum

TOPIC: Fable2

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377659

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Got to him yes, beat him no. I got to him once...then ran out of time.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377660

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
The strategy I've been reading is to somehow miraculously get to him with a minute remaining. Haven't come close.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377661

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
I'm going to be playing this game for the first time coming up soon. Any tips?

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377662

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Buy early and buy often. You're gonna be playing the game for a while so it's best to start accumulating gold from acquisitions as soon as possible. Don't buy weapons. Most of the good shit is found out in Albion.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377663

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, buy up stands. Big money starts rolling in once you start getting the bigger shops and taverns.The rest is really up to your personal preference. The combat is balanced well enough that which ever you "specialize" in will serve you well.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377667

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Sully907;377661 wrote:
I will be hoping back in this week, I think there is away to gift you stuff. I have more gold than I can possibly spend so if you need a loan I will give you a good rate. :smt077But yeah.. buy early and often. It all makes money when you are away in real time. You will be buying rope chains in no time homie. :P

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377672

• jwg
Sully907;377661 wrote:
- Check out the augmentations available for your weapons in towns and other places. Some of them can make your character nearly unbeatable. - As soon as bar tending jobs are open, do them for money instead of working as a blacksmith. It's much easier to get a high chain going serving up drinks.- Buy potions as much as possible to help your character level up. - Lightning magic is really all you need, although some of the other stuff is cool. You can shock foes, then switch to a sledgehammer and start smashing them to pieces easily. Focus on leveling up one thing, as opposed to spreading your magic exp points around. - Well, I guess a level 1 time spell is also very useful. If you're fighting someone who blocks too much, just teleport behind him and smash away. The good things is, you can do just fine with a level 1 spell. No need to waste any other magic points on it.and if you're impatient and don't mind a little cheating, just set your 360 clock up as high as it'll go after you buy a few properties then put the game back in.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377683

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I found that early on in the game Dyes were the easiest way to make money. Wait for sales and get them as low as 80 or something, then sell them to the travelling traders in Fairfax Gardens and the like for upwards of ~240. Then with that money I bought up some stalls and worked my way up to proper shops and houses. The best profit comes from the Bar in Bowerstone so get it as soon as you can afford it. By the end of the game I was rolling in so much gold I could afford all the best equipment as was practically unstoppable. It also helps to be "good" as you get better deals and more opportunities to buy shops etc (eg. Westcliff rejuvenated).

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377704

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
I fucked up the Westcliff development the first time. Big fuckin mistake. I didn't feel like trusting a career fuck up.

Fable2 9 years 11 months ago #377714

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Decipher;377683 wrote:
I found that early on in the game Dyes were the easiest way to make money. Wait for sales and get them as low as 80 or something, then sell them to the travelling traders in Fairfax Gardens and the like for upwards of ~240. Then with that money I bought up some stalls and worked my way up to proper shops and houses. The best profit comes from the Bar in Bowerstone so get it as soon as you can afford it. By the end of the game I was rolling in so much gold I could afford all the best equipment as was practically unstoppable. It also helps to be "good" as you get better deals and more opportunities to buy shops etc (eg. Westcliff rejuvenated).
Hmmm.. I never heard the dyes angle before. I might play through again after a while just for shit n giggles.