Forum

TOPIC: Fable2

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358187

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
So I kinda just started(bout 10 hours in), and I was wondering what recommendations you have for me. Places to see, things to do... etc. And is there any way to lose weight. I got a little chunky.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358199

Feelgood;358187 wrote:
So I kinda just started(bout 10 hours in), and I was wondering what recommendations you have for me. Places to see, things to do... etc. And is there any way to lose weight. I got a little chunky.
Eat celery, and don't eat pies or meat and such. There are potions on Knothole Island, but I'm guessing that you are checking out the game before you decide whether to get the DLC or not.
360: AbsoluteBollock - PlayStation 3: AbsoluteBollocks - My Wii friend code: 5483 8750 5777 4549

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358201

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Feelgood;358187 wrote:
Buy up every property you can. Early on I didn't buy any potions, weapons or other items I just reinvested the money from my blacksmitthing, bartending and wood cutting jobs. Because your properties generate revenue you should be able to stockpile a shit load of gold so you can power level with potions and buy high end weapons.Only have food in your inventory that are low fat or -fat. It is tough in the middle of battle to eat properly so as long as you keep you inventory clear of the fatty foods you will be good to go.If any of this sounds insanely obvious please disregard.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358203

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Sell fatty foods. Pay attention to your dog. Try to buy business' first, they will make you more money than renting out homes. Slave Rescue and Bounty Hunter are good steady jobs.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358243

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
My characters is a vegetarian and has never drank alcohol. What I hate is that the game has no "Don't Take" option and no way to drop items. So if you find a fatty chunk of shit in some chest along the way and there is no way NOT to take it. You have to gift it away asap or consciously avoid eating it - which typically means pausing the game during combat. I find this a bit odd for an RPG. In fact, the entire UI seems to be rather poorly constructed considering how much time they invested in the noober friendly combat system. Why can't I hot button items. Why are food and potions buried 2 deep in the menu. Why do you get bounced out of the menu if you eat one item...often times as a vegetarian you have to eat a lot of carrots to regain your health and having to keep going in and out of the menu sucks. It really bugs me how many games have such poorly designed user interfaces. All these develops do is talk shit about 'accessibility' and instead of actually achieving this through the UI they just dumb everything down so you are playing an interactive movie that still has a shit interface. I don't think noobs are opposed to a challenge when presented properly, but I do think everyone is against fighting with controls and menus to do what should be simple shit. So my plea to all these ass fuck developers is HIRE companies that know what they fuck they are doing to help you. It might have once been acceptable for a few programmers to do everything - write soundtracks, design UI, do artwork, design packaging, do marketing....well, things have grown up and it is obvious that most development teams are no more capable of designing a modern workable UI than your average auto engineer is as writing a users manual. Don't be afraid to get help - you can be a great fucking artist or programmer but that doesn't mean you know shit about creating friendly user interfaces.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #358245

Lnin0;358243 wrote:
My characters is a vegetarian and has never drank alcohol. What I hate is that the game has no "Don't Take" option and no way to drop items. So if you find a fatty chunk of shit in some chest along the way and there is no way NOT to take it. You have to gift it away asap or consciously avoid eating it - which typically means pausing the game during combat. I find this a bit odd for an RPG. In fact, the entire UI seems to be rather poorly constructed considering how much time they invested in the noober friendly combat system. Why can't I hot button items. Why are food and potions buried 2 deep in the menu. Why do you get bounced out of the menu if you eat one item...often times as a vegetarian you have to eat a lot of carrots to regain your health and having to keep going in and out of the menu sucks. It really bugs me how many games have such poorly designed user interfaces. All these develops do is talk shit about 'accessibility' and instead of actually achieving this through the UI they just dumb everything down so you are playing an interactive movie. I don't think noobs are opposed to a challenge when presented properly, but I do think everyone is against fighting with controls and menus to what should be simple shit.
The UI is the worst Ive seen in years.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #359509

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
Anyone got some good tips for the shooting range? I'm trying to work on the Dollcatcher Achievement.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #359696

• Zidy
  • Stage A - 1
My outfits for my characters are goddamn awesome.

Fable2 10 years 10 months ago #359701

• alexsan
  • Stage A - 1
J0HN-666-McCLANE;358245 wrote:
The UI is the worst Ive seen in years.
It's what turned me off the game, I felt so lost and confused.
XBL: Neezie1990PSN: sillycoreSteam: Neezie3DS: 3737-9522-5541

Fable2 10 years 3 months ago #377657

• Feelgood
  • Stage A - 1
Anyone ever get to the Necromancer in The Colosseum? I never ever have enough time left for him to even appear let alone to beat him.