Forum

TOPIC: Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347187

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
BBboy20;347175 wrote:
Um...there have been multiple current sources that have been rather debunking the rumor.
Link?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347188

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Token White Guy;347185 wrote:
Download the .flv convert it into a .wmv and then play it on your 360.
Pfft, I played it on my DS with a similar method.

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347191

• Darkness
  • Level 10
It will have to come in a 10 disk package.Big deal.
[gamercard]BrodietheHun[/gamercard]

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347192

Darkness;347191 wrote:
It will have to come in a 10 disk package.Big deal.
It shouldn't be more than 4-5 tops. They might be able to compress it down to 3. I would think the main problem would be the amount of HD CGI movies that take up a lot of that room on the BluRay.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347244

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly;347192 wrote:
It shouldn't be more than 4-5 tops. They might be able to compress it down to 3. I would think the main problem would be the amount of HD CGI movies that take up a lot of that room on the BluRay.
I haven't played MGS4 so I don't know if there are CGI movies elsewhere, but the game event videos are real time.

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347261

He is referring to those weird HD commercials for things in the MGS universe.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347266

eswat;347244 wrote:
I haven't played MGS4 so I don't know if there are CGI movies elsewhere, but the game event videos are real time.
I know the cut scenes are in engine, but I assumed you're still watching a movie file.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 4 weeks ago #347267

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
J0HN-666-McCLANE;347261 wrote:
He is referring to those weird HD commercials for things in the MGS universe.
^This. They look so much nicer than DVD quality so they'd definitely take up a ton of space. But all of the sound can be compressed and the textures aren't anything special really, so no worry about that.And btw, almost all 360 games use a sound compression method that keeps the quality of the sound while storing up to 5x the data in the same amount of space it normally would. There was an article Kotaku linked to a few days ago about it, interesting stuff.

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 3 weeks ago #347284

• kadosho
  • Level 10
Aha, that formatting does sound familiar, it was even what was used with the Dreamcast GD-ROM's in the fashion. Plus some research can also be found here: http://www.segatech.com/technical/consolecompare/index.html
[gamercard]kadosho[/gamercard]JKOrochinagi KOF fans uniteBTMusic 2.0

Konami: 'We're actively looking' into MGS4 on Xbox 360 11 years 3 weeks ago #347290

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
People really underestimate what compression can do. Of course it depends on how much crappier they're willing to make the 360 version than the original, but as a sheer matter of getting the game out and running on it, it's a very minor obstacle. Pirates were able to take many full size Dreamcast games and cram them into CD size after all..
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!