Forum

• Page:

TOPIC: Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #346922

• LowVoltag3
Since the New Xbox Experience requires 128MB of free space, Microsoft is offering a storage solution for those who may lack the proper storage with either (a) a free 512MB memory unit or (b) a 20GB hard drive for $19.99. If you purchased an Xbox 360 console with no memory solution (i.e. no hard drive or memory unit), you can enter both the 12-digit serial number and the 12-digit Console ID here to see if you're eligible for the offer. We're not sure if there might be an issue with replaced Xbox 360s and proper serial numbers; if you're one of the eligible few, let us know your experiences in the comments below.http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/13/microsofts-nxe-storage-solution-free-512mb-memory-card-or-20/
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #346959

Good deal. Too bad they don't just make the HDD standard. I hope they don't make that mistake next gen.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #346975

at least they're selling the hard drive for a fair price now.and likewise, now making me want a 360.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #346987

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Thing is, those are refurbished 20gig harddrives. I'm wondering how they have refurbished ones though..

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #347033

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Sweet jesus, these fuckers at Microsoft have to be running out of duct tape by now.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #347042

Ezekiel;346987 wrote:
Thing is, those are refurbished 20gig harddrives. I'm wondering how they have refurbished ones though..
i'm willing to bet they're doing the same thing a friend of mine did.got an old laptop hard drive for free, a broken hard drive off of ebay for $10, inserted said laptop drive into the housing, and (essentially) got a 360 elite for $260.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #347048

• Decipher
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm pretty sure that doesn't work, sadly. I remember something about it having to be a specific type of drive from a specific brand.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #347050

Flavius;347033 wrote:
Sweet jesus, these fuckers at Microsoft have to be running out of duct tape by now.
My thoughts exactly.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 1 month ago #347051

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
If you get a referb HDD from the manufacturer it is more than likely just the ones they can fix by replacing a controller. Anything more and they probably trash them because it would be more trouble than its worth. Refurbished as you might see used on e-bay probably means they just clean them off and do a low level format - defiantly something to avoid. When it comes to the 360 it is hard to say what 'referb' means. It could mean refurbished cases. The HDD going into them - if it was the issue - could be new or at the very least manufacturer refurbished. For $20 it is a good deal but it begs to ask what about all the arcade buyers from here on out...do they still have to mail away for a hard drive? Or is MS adding something externally/internal so the NXE works on them out of the box.

Microsoft's NXE storage solution: Free 512MB memory card or $20 for 20GB HDD 11 years 2 weeks ago #348751

• bentdog
  • Level 3
They need just one model, the 20 gig for $200. Then they can sell larger HDD's the 60's and 120's at a "fair" price, if you need more space. Having no HDD is so dumb. why microsoft? why?
The more I use my PS3 the more I love my 360.
  • Page: