Forum

TOPIC: 360 elite DVD playback issues.

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346808

After 3 system failures I broke down and bought my 360 elite in April. Trying to put an end to the whole shipping to Texas nonsense. The system works flawlessly on the gaming end of things.Since April I have never put DVD into it as I normally use my PS3 for movie playback. This last Saturday I had been playing on my PS3 all day when my girlfriend suggested we watch some starwars movies.I decided to then put the movie into the elite to give the PS3 some rest for the day and when I launched the movie the screen went black but I could still here the movie's music in the speakers. I tested this out with about 10 different titles, all with the same outcome. The only way to get the dashboard back is to reboot the system.Games work perfectly but this is annoying me as this is my 4th goddamn xbox and I just want to get it to work as advertised. Note that this console is hooked up through HDMI and is also the first out of the 4 consoles I have gone through that has been hooked up that way. So I am wondering if the issue starts there. Is there a setting I am missing to "enable" regular dvd playback through HDMI or am I fucked?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE
The administrator has disabled public write access.

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346854

• NickH29
  • Level 3
I can't think of any setting that would be doing that to you. Since you bought it in April the dvd drive might still be under warranty. Unfortunately if it is the dvd drive then your elite might be taking a vacation to Texas.
[gamercard]NickH29[/gamercard]

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346877

Its weird that the games work perfectly.

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346930

OK. it only fucks up on old dvds.If I play a newer dvd then eject it and put in an old disc it works. very strange.

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346933

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
I haven't had any problem playing my DVDs. How old are the DVDs that don't work? I'll double check my Elite. The only difference though is I don't have an HDTV, so no HDMI.Also I can check on my roommates Elite, theirs is hooked up with HDMI.

360 elite DVD playback issues. 11 years 1 month ago #346940

• Davidb69
  • Level 10
J0HN-666-McCLANE;346808 wrote:
After 3 system failures I broke down and bought my 360 elite in April. Trying to put an end to the whole shipping to Texas nonsense. The system works flawlessly on the gaming end of things.Since April I have never put DVD into it as I normally use my PS3 for movie playback. This last Saturday I had been playing on my PS3 all day when my girlfriend suggested we watch some starwars movies.I decided to then put the movie into the elite to give the PS3 some rest for the day and when I launched the movie the screen went black but I could still here the movie's music in the speakers. I tested this out with about 10 different titles, all with the same outcome. The only way to get the dashboard back is to reboot the system.Games work perfectly but this is annoying me as this is my 4th goddamn xbox and I just want to get it to work as advertised. Note that this console is hooked up through HDMI and is also the first out of the 4 consoles I have gone through that has been hooked up that way. So I am wondering if the issue starts there. Is there a setting I am missing to "enable" regular dvd playback through HDMI or am I fucked?Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.:)
I am just happy to hear your gf is a star wars fan. Sounds like a keeper.My wife watches sports, tries to play video games and is a huge star wars fan.
Wii - 2303 0628 4559 9276