Forum

TOPIC: Call of Duty: World at War Beta

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348665

• Quagmire_
  • Level 10
Yeah I've been thinking about taking this game off of my reserve list at Gamestop. I'm not too impressed with the beta. Wanna know my reasons why?1. Dogs- What the fuck first of all. These are pretty much rabies infested dogs. They are insanely fast and it's nearly impossible to kill one once it's right up on you.2. Lag- Obvious one. Token pretty much summed it up.3. Hit Detection- I've had numerous "What the hell I just busted that guy in the head....why didn't it hit him?" moments.4. Maps- Castle and Makin are weak sauce. Roundhouse is about the only fun one. 5. Camping- Crazy in this game. Join a Free-for-All match and find out what I mean.Looks like I'm going to stick with GOW 2 and Halo 3. Sorry, but Halo 3 has a special place in my heart. <3
I do not have Xbox Live anymore. I now have a PS3. My online name is Z71ridinhigh.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348671

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
JoEDigiTECH;348660 wrote:
They are pretty muted. All in all I don't get the same visceral feeling in this game as I do in COD 4. Considering I have 120 hours of COD4 multiplayer time and haven't played any other shooters online beyond a demo here and there and a couple of tries at TF2, kind of shows that I put COD4 up as the benchmark for me. WaW just doesn't do it for me, which is sad because I like the fact that you can call for artillery.I do like WWII shooters but, I would perfer to play COD1 on my PC online.
Artillery needs more TOT.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348674

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
^keep in mind that it is a Beta. The whole point of the beta is to fix any problems such as lag and bad hit detection. :P Im gonna rent this for sure. Zombie nazis=must play.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348685

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
Fuck this beta. I kept getting killed by cheating assholes who got under the map.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348687

• Quagmire_
  • Level 10
Yeah it just goes to show you that people out there don't have a life. It's been 2 weeks and people have already figured out the glitches.
I do not have Xbox Live anymore. I now have a PS3. My online name is Z71ridinhigh.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348690

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Token White Guy;348671 wrote:
Artillery needs more TOT.
I actually discussed this over at the COD forums.Arty strikes would be quicker if the point of impact has already been zeroed by an in-place battery. Chances are that even if artillery is in-place it is unlikely that they are supporting just one front.If you are calling in an Arty strike on the fly you would have to give Fire Direction Control coordinates, Fire direction control has to calculate distance, direction, elevation, weather conditions, charge temp blah blah blah.. then FDC has to forward quadrant, deflection, round, charge, method of fire to the gun chief and then the gun has to do their thing (which is the quickest part).So to be honest. I think without getting to complicated, that the Arty strikes are challenging but the time is a good balance of realism and gameplay.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348692

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;348674 wrote:
^keep in mind that it is a Beta. The whole point of the beta is to fix any problems such as lag and bad hit detection. :P Im gonna rent this for sure. Zombie nazis=must play.
You are right... and wrong. Even if they fixed all of the glitches the game still won't stand up to COD4. I may rent it for the story though.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348706

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Dude. Nazi Zombies. That makes it better than any game ever made which makes it better than Cod 4. For real.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348714

• JoEDigiTECH
Nut_Man;348706 wrote:
Dude. Nazi Zombies. That makes it better than any game ever made which makes it better than Cod 4. For real.
If it was Nazi Zombies vs. Ninja Wookies it would be the best game ever.

Call of Duty: World at War Beta 11 years 2 weeks ago #348717

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
JoEDigiTECH;348714 wrote:
Ninja Wookies
I don't think Treyarch's imagination reaches that far...
Signature