Forum

TOPIC: Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347856

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
...what the fuck. That's completely, completely retarded. They showed off how you could bring YOUR character over. Not some generic looking guy with all of your stats and none of your shit or looks.Completely killing my want for the game, because that was the biggest draw for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347864

• Lnin0
  • Stage B - 3
Ezekiel;347856 wrote:
...what the fuck. That's completely, completely retarded. They showed off how you could bring YOUR character over. Not some generic looking guy with all of your stats and none of your shit or looks.Completely killing my want for the game, because that was the biggest draw for me.
I should clarify - IGN said that about side by side coop. They did not know what online would be but if it is like that it stinks. They also said the shared camera doesn't work well in local coop so hopefully online coop isn't stuck with that either.

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347867

Just watched the video review for Fable 2 and almost lost all interest in my preorder.:( I don't know. I want it to be good, but the gameplay looked boring. His comment seemed on point with saying that the bar for Western RPG has been raised and this isnt as slick as Oblivion or Mass Effect.
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347871

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
It actually annoys me that game journalists still hold Mass Effect with such high regard.They talk about how the good/bad thing feels so artificial in Fable 2, yet it didn't do ANYTHING in Mass Effect, aside from a literal one to two things. Otherwise, shit went pretty normal. And the customization was barely anything. Only thing made a difference was if you got a weapon with higher stats (but looked exactly like 1 out of the 3 gun models each gun type had (3 different shotgun models for 1000 different shotguns?!!!? Raising the bar if I ever saw it!) and what type of ammo you used against what (which was basically a clever way of changing the names of "fire" and "ice" to "robot" and "human" bullets.)I seriously don't understand the stupid amounts of innovation and praise Mass Effect seems to get on a regular basis. The side missions were the same shit over and over and over again, with copy/pasted bunker layouts and bland, slightly different hue/slighty different clouds "planets" and "moons". The main missions were interesting and great, and gave off a great atmosphere, but when you put those 6 missions next to everything else the game has to offer, plus the utter lack of this amazing "depth" everyone keeps going on about, I seriously want to gouge my eyes out in wonderment and frustration that people who get paid to be the top of their class in dissecting games and assessing their progression of the medium can sit back, look at this sugar coated junk with a Gears of War play system (INNOVATION!!!) and say that it's one of the best RPG's they've ever played in the entirety of their lives.I just. Don't. Get it.

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347887

• eswat
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;347871 wrote:
I just. Don't. Get it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selective_distortion

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 1 month ago #347889

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
I hate everything selective ;( so anti-reality.

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 4 weeks ago #347894

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;347871 wrote:
It actually annoys me that game journalists still hold Mass Effect with such high regard.They talk about how the good/bad thing feels so artificial in Fable 2, yet it didn't do ANYTHING in Mass Effect, aside from a literal one to two things. Otherwise, shit went pretty normal. And the customization was barely anything. Only thing made a difference was if you got a weapon with higher stats (but looked exactly like 1 out of the 3 gun models each gun type had (3 different shotgun models for 1000 different shotguns?!!!? Raising the bar if I ever saw it!) and what type of ammo you used against what (which was basically a clever way of changing the names of "fire" and "ice" to "robot" and "human" bullets.)I seriously don't understand the stupid amounts of innovation and praise Mass Effect seems to get on a regular basis. The side missions were the same shit over and over and over again, with copy/pasted bunker layouts and bland, slightly different hue/slighty different clouds "planets" and "moons". The main missions were interesting and great, and gave off a great atmosphere, but when you put those 6 missions next to everything else the game has to offer, plus the utter lack of this amazing "depth" everyone keeps going on about, I seriously want to gouge my eyes out in wonderment and frustration that people who get paid to be the top of their class in dissecting games and assessing their progression of the medium can sit back, look at this sugar coated junk with a Gears of War play system (INNOVATION!!!) and say that it's one of the best RPG's they've ever played in the entirety of their lives.I just. Don't. Get it.
I have to agree with you on this completely dude.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 4 weeks ago #347897

• jwg
I didn't really care for the American IGN review.I'm all fine with the reviewer not acting like Fable 2 is the greatest thing ever and pointing out what he sees as faults, but this is the same person who gave Grand Theft Auto 4 a perfect score. Not that GTA4 is a bad game, but I don't get that. You point out certain faults in Fable 2 and give it a score you think it deserves, but give another game, GTA4, a free pass on its faults. A little consistency would be nice. and can someone tell me the difference between an 8.9 and a 9.0?Oh well. I have little use for most game reviews/reviewers anyway. I do like to read some of them to get an idea of what I'm in for. They're like previews with scores attached to them.

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 4 weeks ago #347899

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
jwg;347897 wrote:
I didn't really care for the American IGN review.I'm all fine with the reviewer not acting like Fable 2 is the greatest thing ever and pointing out what he sees as faults, but this is the same person who gave Grand Theft Auto 4 a perfect score. Not that GTA4 is a bad game, but I don't get that. You point out certain faults in Fable 2 and give it a score you think it deserves, but give another game, GTA4, a free pass on its faults. A little consistency would be nice. and can someone tell me the difference between an 8.9 and a 9.0?Oh well. I have little use for most game reviews/reviewers anyway. I do like to read some of them to get an idea of what I'm in for. They're like previews with scores attached to them.
I noticed a while ago IGN was starting to go downhill. Their reviews used to be soooo good I would pretty much only read theirs, now I read anyone but theirs, like the past 5 games they reviewed that I played I couldn't disagree more with them.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro

Fable 2 won't have online Co-Op at launch 11 years 4 weeks ago #347916

• Darkness
  • Level 10
Guys... be careful.Some of the LE games are coming without the DLC codes in them.Make sure your game has an orange XBL sticker on it!http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/games/fable2/default.htm
[gamercard]BrodietheHun[/gamercard]