Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295031

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
does the same on my monitor with the splitscreen thing, it sucks cause the box is tiny on my monitor.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295064

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
Green;294978 wrote:
This is true and pretty fucking annoying.
Well yeah because I've seen it in person. =/I'm rather surprised nobody made mention of this though.
Signature

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295084

• Octocamo
  • Stage A - 1
I did, when I was on the mic playing it for the first time but after playing a while you don't notice it like widescreen dvds.
PSN: solisnkXBL: OctocamoSteam: OctocamoOrigin + Battlelog: Octocamo

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295133

• kagemaru
  • Level 7
Alpha Factor;294904 wrote:
Not sensitive, but defensive. I don't like it when people use words that they really don't need to use. No one in any sense said they were bitching. They were mainly just pointing it out. If they were really bitching I doubt they would play it. Me as well. When every game before it wasn't afraid to do all that their machine could do graphic wise, inside of the limits of the 360, I don't see why Bungie would not do the same.I respect everything that they do, but why are they allowed to slack and others not. Even low name third party companies go the extra mile and make things look as good as they possibly can.The only reason I'm so up and arms about it, is because Halo 3 was suppose to be the next benchmark for graphics. The screen shots before it was released made it look like that, but a sudden quite large change. Believe it or not because I have glasses the jaggy's make it beyond difficult to see a distant target.
well again I apologize, but I wasn't talking about people here like I mentioned before, so no need to get defensive. yes there is plenty of bitching on the net, just look around. as for bungie getting away with anything, it's not just them. like I said before, there have been a good number of games on both the ps3 and 360 that were upscaled. I'm not saying I'm happy about this either, if I had it my way, it would be full on 720p with at least 4X AA, but that just wasn't possible this time around. with more time and optimization they can get the same results with 720p, but developers can never be given enough time when working on a game. many times you can read how a developer wished for more time to refine their vision. this was their first time workin on the hardware, no developer can exploit any hardware on their first try. just look at the differences between GRAW 1 and GRAW 2, it's HUGE IMO and there was barely a year difference between the two game.developers have to make very hard choices and in the end it seems like they can never win, which is why I tend to cut EVERY developer at least some slack, since their job is usually under-appreciated IMO. take this whole resolution issue for instance, now I apply this all developers, not just bungie. ask any professional worth his skill, and they will tell you that resolution is ranked 4th behind contrast ratio, color saturation, and color accuracy when producing a good looking picture. it sucks, but if it's for better results than I cant argue, no matter how disappointed I am. also by the comments around the web, halo 3 was never intended to be the next benchmark for graphics. I'm sure you have read plenty of articles, forum posts, and comments about how the graphics are hardly improved over halo 2. I'm sorry your unhappy with how the game looks, never will I say that a game cant look better, but I'm happy with the visuals and the jaggies are no worse than other games I have played at least on my screen. I was just happy to see someone put this issue into perspective, instead of what I have been reading over the net, I didn't mean to insult anyone here and that especially wasn't my intention. :p

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295136

• VaeVictus
  • Level 10
I think the overall consensus complaint is more about the fact that Halo 3 IS Microsofts big title, and people were expecting more...whether the expectations were fair or not.I think many forgot that Halo 1 and 2 were not graphical masterpieces on the original Xbox and just remember how cool the experiences were on each. Then, many buy a 360 with the idea that Halo 3 was totally going to blow everything out of the water graphically. Combine this idea with the fun gameplay of the previous titles (Halo 1,2) and some of the oustanding visuals achieved in previous 360 titles and voila, outrageous expectations are born. Again, these expectations are not necessarily fair, but for something as big as Halo, nothing less was expected.My major disappointments are with the jaggies which are very pronounced (at least on my 30" HDtv screen in my gameroom) and the poor draw distance. Grass sprigs and other things appearing out of nowhere while I am on a four wheeler? I'm not going that fast am I?I have been somewhat disappointed in the campaign as well. It's not bad, it just hasn't blown me away. Maybe I am getting harder to impress? I don't know. Most bought it for multiplayer, and when the games are not lagging, they are a lot of fun. That (fun) really is the most important factor...right?MS doesn't care, they are laughing all the way to the bank. I've noticed they've had little to say about anything regarding Halo 3. Why should they? In the end, it is just a solid 8.5/10 experience in my humble opinion. I can certainly understand both sides of the issue, b/c I feel the same way.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295146

VaeVictus;295136 wrote:
I think the overall consensus complaint is more about the fact that Halo 3 IS Microsofts big title, and people were expecting more...whether the expectations were fair or not.I think many forgot that Halo 1 and 2 were not graphical masterpieces on the original Xbox and just remember how cool the experiences were on each. Then, many buy a 360 with the idea that Halo 3 was totally going to blow everything out of the water graphically. Combine this idea with the fun gameplay of the previous titles (Halo 1,2) and some of the oustanding visuals achieved in previous 360 titles and voila, outrageous expectations are born. Again, these expectations are not necessarily fair, but for something as big as Halo, nothing less was expected.My major disappointments are with the jaggies which are very pronounced (at least on my 30" HDtv screen in my gameroom) and the poor draw distance. Grass sprigs and other things appearing out of nowhere while I am on a four wheeler? I'm not going that fast am I?I have been somewhat disappointed in the campaign as well. It's not bad, it just hasn't blown me away. Maybe I am getting harder to impress? I don't know. Most bought it for multiplayer, and when the games are not lagging, they are a lot of fun. That (fun) really is the most important factor...right?MS doesn't care, they are laughing all the way to the bank. I've noticed they've had little to say about anything regarding Halo 3. Why should they? In the end, it is just a solid 8.5/10 experience in my humble opinion. I can certainly understand both sides of the issue, b/c I feel the same way.
Understand and agree entirely with all. Jaggies or not, the game is an incredible experience.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 1 month ago #295150

kagemaru;295133 wrote:
well again I apologize, but I wasn't talking about people here like I mentioned before, so no need to get defensive. yes there is plenty of bitching on the net, just look around. as for bungie getting away with anything, it's not just them. like I said before, there have been a good number of games on both the ps3 and 360 that were upscaled. I'm not saying I'm happy about this either, if I had it my way, it would be full on 720p with at least 4X AA, but that just wasn't possible this time around. with more time and optimization they can get the same results with 720p, but developers can never be given enough time when working on a game. many times you can read how a developer wished for more time to refine their vision. this was their first time workin on the hardware, no developer can exploit any hardware on their first try. just look at the differences between GRAW 1 and GRAW 2, it's HUGE IMO and there was barely a year difference between the two game.developers have to make very hard choices and in the end it seems like they can never win, which is why I tend to cut EVERY developer at least some slack, since their job is usually under-appreciated IMO. take this whole resolution issue for instance, now I apply this all developers, not just bungie. ask any professional worth his skill, and they will tell you that resolution is ranked 4th behind contrast ratio, color saturation, and color accuracy when producing a good looking picture. it sucks, but if it's for better results than I cant argue, no matter how disappointed I am. also by the comments around the web, halo 3 was never intended to be the next benchmark for graphics. I'm sure you have read plenty of articles, forum posts, and comments about how the graphics are hardly improved over halo 2. I'm sorry your unhappy with how the game looks, never will I say that a game cant look better, but I'm happy with the visuals and the jaggies are no worse than other games I have played at least on my screen. I was just happy to see someone put this issue into perspective, instead of what I have been reading over the net, I didn't mean to insult anyone here and that especially wasn't my intention. :p
Yeah I understand and I agree on every aspect. Shit Epic right now dealing with the dark and very organic enviroments in Unreal Tournament III have had a huge issue with seeing your enemy at a distance. I feel myself that if you just blend in with the texture then thats not bad and it is hella realistic. Plus that helps sharpen your sense to a great extent. But when it comes to the game having jaggies so bad that I can't really tell if it is a person or a building then thats different. I'm sure it was overlooked by Bungie being how no one in beta most likely complained about it. That brings up your statement where developers never have it easy and never win.Also in the end I'm not blaming Bungie, but I am blaming Microsoft. They didn't give them enough time to make the game I'm sure how they truly wanted to make it. Which most likely would have included AA in some extent. Bungie has got screwed over everytime by a beyond solid deadline. This is why I think a majority of the people that work for them need to leave and start a company a new. They have all the talent, but they are working for the wrong team. Square has been known to push the dates back on their games even if they are sure Christmas is coming up. In the end I think it is always a healthier choice to push your date back at least once because once you have finished it you will always find an outstanding flaw.
[gamercard]Alpha Factor[/gamercard]

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 10 years 3 weeks ago #381118

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Remember when this was important? :eyes:

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 10 years 3 weeks ago #381123

• Nut_Man
  • Stage A - 1
Now it's okay because 90% of PS3 and 360 games can't even get to 720p.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 10 years 3 weeks ago #381126

• JoEDigiTECH
  • Thank you received: 4
Nut_Man;381123 wrote:
Now it's okay because 90% of PS3 and 360 games can't even get to 720p.
I think a lot of the "side by side", 1080P, 60 Frames ranting has all gone away now. Everyone is just enjoying games and spending lest time dick measuring.