Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294852

  • Funnydale
  • Funnydale's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 8
  • Posts: 475
  • Karma: 10
Kaptain0wnage;294844 wrote:
It's a bullshit excuse. The game isn't even that demanding graphics wise. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have been able to pull of the same graphics with the slightly higher resolution other than Bungie's lack of talent.Karazy is out of his mind with wanting to turn off the HDR, which practically makes this game's graphics, for a slight boost in resolution though.
Actually, you're wrong: HDR (at least the way Halo 3 uses it) takes a huge hit on performance. Every single section of the game uses some type of HDR. Also, there are other issues, like reflective surfaces and the water detail that need to be taken account.The Xbox 360's major problem with the resolution and lack of AA doesn't have to to with the CPU or GPU. It's an issue of the systems lack of RAM. To put it simply -- the Xbox 360 doesn't have enough ram to be able to do everything that Halo is doing and maintain a 720P resolution and X4 AA/X16 AF.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294886

  • kagemaru
  • kagemaru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 7
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 10
Funnydale;294852 wrote:
Actually, you're wrong: HDR (at least the way Halo 3 uses it) takes a huge hit on performance. Every single section of the game uses some type of HDR. Also, there are other issues, like reflective surfaces and the water detail that need to be taken account.The Xbox 360's major problem with the resolution and lack of AA doesn't have to to with the CPU or GPU. It's an issue of the systems lack of RAM. To put it simply -- the Xbox 360 doesn't have enough ram to be able to do everything that Halo is doing and maintain a 720P resolution and X4 AA/X16 AF.
ding ding! great to know that some people know what they are talking about before bitching.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294887

  • JoEDigiTECH
  • JoEDigiTECH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6517
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 12
kagemaru;294886 wrote:
ding ding! great to know that some people know what they are talking about before bitching.
This really isn't in response to you kagemaru, just your post made me want to say this.Not that I was bitching but, don't bag on people because they don't understand everything. A lot of the shit is pretty complicated. Take in to account that some people may honestly believe they know what they are talking about and be completely wrong. Just my 2 cents.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294889

kagemaru;294886 wrote:
ding ding! great to know that some people know what they are talking about before bitching.
ding ding. Great to know that just because you think people are wrong you think they are bitching. A majority of the statements were true but just not as indepth as you would like I guess.
[gamercard]Alpha Factor[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294890

  • kagemaru
  • kagemaru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 7
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 10
JoEDigiTECH;294887 wrote:
This really isn't in response to you kagemaru, just your post made me want to say this.Not that I was bitching but, don't bag on people because they don't understand everything. A lot of the shit is pretty complicated. Take in to account that some people may honestly believe they know what they are talking about and be completely wrong. Just my 2 cents.
I understand that and I'm not really bagging on anyone here specifically, just the mentality of the net as a whole. IMO it would make more sense to figure out why something is the way it is before bitching, but of course I know that's just me. I know it's complicated and I don't expect everyone to understand everything, I'm still learning to this day. however at the same time, it's usually these people who will bitch about whatever game or whatever issue like it's so easy to implement or develop. many times in the end, the developer never wins since they have to attempt to please millions of different gamers, which cant be easy. I guess personal opinions just get in way of one's judgment sometimes, I know it does plenty of time with me. again I didn't mean to directly attack anyone here, sorry if it seemed as suchAlpha Factor;294889 wrote:
ding ding. Great to know that just because you think people are wrong you think they are bitching. A majority of the statements were true but just not as indepth as you would like I guess.
wow someone is a bit sensitive, no need to get so defensive when I wasn't even directing my comments to you personally. my thoughts go for every game, not just halo 3, it's mainly due to respect for the people that slave away for our entertainment hours
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294899

  • peyote
  • peyote's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 1
  • Posts: 37
  • Karma: 10
this topic is a snoozer. i wish Bioshock used this technique. for all the cool lighting in bioschock, the water & smoke/dust had major issues in that game. Halo 3 has awesome water, lighting, draw-distance. i think bioshock looks better for smaller areas, ala gears of war, but the over-all look of Halo 3 with the size of the battles are pretty good graphically & keep with the artistic style (but more evolved) of the other halos. and the whole 640 thing is not like 640x480 (in case people misinterpret), it's 1152x640 for each of 2 buffers. i'm just sad the story is almost over for me. i actually stopped playing for a bit because i want to take my time on the story. ~sad & pathetic, but i'll see everyone online soon enough.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294904

kagemaru;294890 wrote:
wow someone is a bit sensitive, no need to get so defensive when I wasn't even directing my comments to you personally. my thoughts go for every game, not just halo 3, it's mainly due to respect for the people that slave away for our entertainment hours
Not sensitive, but defensive. I don't like it when people use words that they really don't need to use. No one in any sense said they were bitching. They were mainly just pointing it out. If they were really bitching I doubt they would play it. Me as well. When every game before it wasn't afraid to do all that their machine could do graphic wise, inside of the limits of the 360, I don't see why Bungie would not do the same.I respect everything that they do, but why are they allowed to slack and others not. Even low name third party companies go the extra mile and make things look as good as they possibly can.The only reason I'm so up and arms about it, is because Halo 3 was suppose to be the next benchmark for graphics. The screen shots before it was released made it look like that, but a sudden quite large change. Believe it or not because I have glasses the jaggy's make it beyond difficult to see a distant target.
[gamercard]Alpha Factor[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294915

peyote;294899 wrote:
this topic is a snoozer. i wish Bioshock used this technique. for all the cool lighting in bioschock, the water & smoke/dust had major issues in that game. Halo 3 has awesome water, lighting, draw-distance. i think bioshock looks better for smaller areas, ala gears of war, but the over-all look of Halo 3 with the size of the battles are pretty good graphically & keep with the artistic style (but more evolved) of the other halos. and the whole 640 thing is not like 640x480, it's 1152x640 for 2x buffers. i'm just sad the story is almost over for me. i actually stopped playing for a bit because i want to take my time on the story. ~sad & pathetic, but i'll see everyone online soon enough.
Welp, the water and smoke really have nothing to do with the resolution, but hey yeah bioshock sux compares to halo 3!!1!But yeah I agree with the close-quarters and open areas thing.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294972

  • Decipher
  • Decipher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2290
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 10
TigerClaw;294766 wrote:
Very true. Though you can set the 360's resolution setting to 1366x768.
Only with the VGA cable, and even then, it's still upscaling.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294978

  • Green
  • Green's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 3
  • Posts: 1330
  • Karma: 1233
BBboy20;294693 wrote:
It seems Halo 3 is unable to fill the HDTV screen when it comes to split screen. =/
This is true and pretty fucking annoying.
the other lesbian
The administrator has disabled public write access.