Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294734

  • Token White Guy
  • Token White Guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7711
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
Digital*Firefly;294730 wrote:
I'm sure Halo 3 isn't the only game to do this.
DF, that picture in your sig looks wrong on a few levels.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294736

  • Blackwolf
  • Blackwolf's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 5916
  • Karma: 2573
Digital*Firefly;294730 wrote:
I'm sure Halo 3 isn't the only game to do this.
PGR3 also did this, IIRC.And no, I definitely wouldn't call Halo 3 the best looking game on the 360.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294752

  • kagemaru
  • kagemaru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 7
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 10
like anything else to do with halo (graphics, story, gameplay, etc), it's usually split down the middle, you love it or hate it. I love the game, and while I do notice some jaggies, I have seen worse on some other "true" HD games. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I think its one of the best lookin 360 games out there, maybe I'm getting sick of the whole post-apocalyptic image and enjoy halo's colorful world. I'm a bit disappointed by the missing 80 pixels as well, but every game is give and take to achieve the developer's vision, this is no different. with more memory the multiple frame buffers wouldn't have been such a problem, but that isn't the case, so why bother contemplating "what ifs"?play and enjoy the game, if your going to cry, do it to the people making the game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294756

  • Token White Guy
  • Token White Guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7711
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
kagemaru;294752 wrote:
like anything else to do with halo (graphics, story, gameplay, etc), it's usually split down the middle, you love it or hate it. I love the game, and while I do notice some jaggies, I have seen worse on some other "true" HD games. I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but I think its one of the best lookin 360 games out there, maybe I'm getting sick of the whole post-apocalyptic image and enjoy halo's colorful world. I'm a bit disappointed by the missing 80 pixels as well, but every game is give and take to achieves the developer's vision, this is no different. with more memory the multiple frame buffers wouldn't have been such a problem, but that isn't the case, so why bother contemplating "what ifs"?play and enjoy the game, if your going to cry, do it to the people making the game.
No body gets flamed for speaking their mind here. So don't worry. :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294757

  • chad28
  • chad28's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 4
  • Posts: 182
  • Karma: 10
JoEDigiTECH;294708 wrote:
Will those extra pixels keep me from getting killed so much?
If those extra pixels will cover me with armer so i can kill every one with out being killed i may buy the game. lol!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294758

  • GH33DA
  • GH33DA's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2073
  • Karma: 546
Digital*Firefly;294730 wrote:
I'm sure Halo 3 isn't the only game to do this.
XBLA Developers HAVE to make games in 720p it's a requirement! I know that's not a perfect comparison, but, it's rather sad to force a standard on your low end titles that you don't enforce on your flagship titles. Bad form Microsoft.
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294765

  • kagemaru
  • kagemaru's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 7
  • Posts: 396
  • Karma: 10
what i find odd is that the vast majority of people dont even have "true" 720p TVs but instead are 1366x768. same could be said for a lot of the 1080i TVs out there.they should be complaining about that whole 720p thing just the same.there are other games on the ps3 and 360 that are scaled as well, so it's not new and it's no big deal
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294766

  • TigerClaw
  • TigerClaw's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3695
  • Thank you received: 3
  • Karma: 239
kagemaru;294765 wrote:
what i find odd is that the vast majority of people dont even have "true" 720p TVs but instead are 1366x768. same could be said for a lot of the 1080i TVs out there.they should be complaining about that whole 720p thing just the same.there are other games on the ps3 and 360 that are scaled as well, so it's not new and it's no big deal
Very true. Though you can set the 360's resolution setting to 1366x768.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294838

GH33DA;294758 wrote:
XBLA Developers HAVE to make games in 720p it's a requirement! I know that's not a perfect comparison, but, it's rather sad to force a standard on your low end titles that you don't enforce on your flagship titles. Bad form Microsoft.
Same rant from me. Don't set an example like its ok to go under the standard. We don't progress much at all in anything if that happens.
[gamercard]Alpha Factor[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 11 years 11 months ago #294844

It's a bullshit excuse. The game isn't even that demanding graphics wise. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have been able to pull of the same graphics with the slightly higher resolution other than Bungie's lack of talent.Karazy is out of his mind with wanting to turn off the HDR, which practically makes this game's graphics, for a slight boost in resolution though.
The administrator has disabled public write access.