Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294708

  • JoEDigiTECH
  • JoEDigiTECH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6517
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 12
Will those extra pixels keep me from getting killed so much?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294709

Come on I do not know any difference at all. Besides the fact do you think it would have made a difference if it was running at full 720p? Would it had made the game look better? I don't think so at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294710

JoEDigiTECH;294708 wrote:
Will those extra pixels keep me from getting killed so much?
Well, if you're having a hard time telling if that mass of jaggy pixels in the distance is a tree or some other object or an enemy, higher resolutions would definitely keep you from getting killed.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294711

  • Zidy
  • Zidy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2273
  • Karma: 0
Wow I hope that was sarcastic. It is not that bad at all.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294712

  • JoEDigiTECH
  • JoEDigiTECH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6517
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 12
Karazy;294710 wrote:
Well, if you're having a hard time telling if that mass of jaggy pixels in the distance is a tree or some other object or an enemy, higher resolutions would definitely keep you from getting killed.
When in doubt shoot it. What usually gets me killed is the inablility to shoot something that is hopping up and down. We didn't cover "enemies that jump 10 feet in the air targeting" in basic training. I guess I'm old school.All joking aside though, I don't see what the big deal is. I am not the picky type though. If I am having fun I don't care about imperfections. There is a shit load of stuff to do, I spent 2 hours yesterday in the Halo Theater watching myself kill and be killed. So what if there are a jaggies. Does it really spoil the experience? It runs smooth as silk in the campaign mode as far as I can tell. Or is it the fact that Bungie didn't speak up prior to someone calling them on it that bothers you? Newsflash, why would they point out something trivial about a game that only .5% of the players are going to talk about.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294715

  • VaeVictus
  • VaeVictus's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 685
  • Karma: 10
I do notice jaggies everywhere in the game. Visually, it is not a juggernaut that's for sure. Kind of a disappointment.
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com.s3.amazonaws.com/143/252/VaeVictus.png?1250775104610
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294721

JoEDigiTECH;294712 wrote:
Or is it the fact that Bungie didn't speak up prior to someone calling them on it that bothers you? Newsflash, why would they point out something trivial about a game that only .5% of the players are going to talk about.
Well, I am only disappointed and upset because I really couldn't wait to see the Halo 3 that was in the official screenshots, not a jaggy mess. Just saying.*sigh* Again, don't get me wrong, the lighting and textures (especially the detailed texture rendering method, get close to a wall and prepare to jizz) and models and everything look GREAT. Right up there with Gears, better in many cases. But there's one thing holding me back from claiming BEST 360 GRAFIX EVAR, and that's the aliasing. That's why it's upsetting.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294728

  • JoEDigiTECH
  • JoEDigiTECH's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 6517
  • Thank you received: 4
  • Karma: 12
Karazy;294721 wrote:
Well, I am only disappointed and upset because I really couldn't wait to see the Halo 3 that was in the official screenshots, not a jaggy mess. Just saying.*sigh* Again, don't get me wrong, the lighting and textures (especially the detailed texture rendering method, get close to a wall and prepare to jizz) and models and everything look GREAT. Right up there with Gears, better in many cases. But there's one thing holding me back from claiming BEST 360 GRAFIX EVAR, and that's the aliasing. That's why it's upsetting.
Ok, I see your point, but don't let it ruin your day pumpkin. :smt056
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294730

I'm sure Halo 3 isn't the only game to do this.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294733

  • Token White Guy
  • Token White Guy's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 7711
  • Thank you received: 1
  • Karma: 9
JoEDigiTECH;294708 wrote:
Will those extra pixels keep me from getting killed so much?
Jackel Snipers will pick you off in 8 bit if they have to.
The administrator has disabled public write access.