Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294689

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Makes sense, but looking at the screenshot provided, I'd assume even 80 extra pixels won't eliminate the jaggies to the satisfaction of the people making the noise about this. So while yeah, it would be better, it still wouldn't be "good enough."
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294693

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
It seems Halo 3 is unable to fill the HDTV screen when it comes to split screen. =/
Signature

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294694

• chad28
  • Level 4
While this is funny because microsoft has said we can do 720p we can do 720p no one cares about 1080p becuase 720p is the sweet spot, well it looks like you cant hit the sweet spot.It still does'nt matter 640p upscales to 720p on the 360 anyway so your barely missing anything.I dought anyone could see a diffrence on 2 tv's running side by side let alone 2 screenshots beside's the normal consumer is'nt gonna care about it or care if they could'nt fit in 80pixels if its a good game people dont care.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294695

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
I've been thinking and while this shouldn't be a big deal, it should be into considerations of what negative effects this might produce if such things as this continue on into the next line-up of games.
Signature

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294696

GH33DA;294688 wrote:
I'm really hunger so if this doesn't make sense, I'll try again tomorrow.
So you're hunger, the one who assails me constantly as I attempt to lose those unwanted pounds.....well listen here, Hunger, I will no longer fall prey to your wiles and clever traps. No, not this time, Hunger. GOOD DAY, SIR!!! :)
[URL=
]
[/URL]PSN ID: AegisOfReach

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294697

• chad28
  • Level 4
Like i said while this is funny, this really is'nt a big deal to anyone cuase i dought you could see a diffrence had they added the 80pixels becuase of the consoles upscaling feature now if it was from 640p - 1080p then i would be pissed an ok there would be a diffrence but its such a small conversin theres little or no visual diffrence.If you hate microsoft just say it dont beat around the bush.That has been a Chad28 Rant thanks for reading

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294698

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
GH33DA;294682 wrote:
Karazy, I honestly DID notice the jaggies, as well. But, being a mostly PC gamer, I just kinda said meh and chalked it up to the price you pay for the cheapness of the console.
Seriously..*goes back to playing TF2 in beautiful anti-aliased 1680x1050 resolution*Oh wait, that's only 1050p! Fuck that's 30 pixels less than 1080p! I'm not getting the full HD experience! Valve, you motherfuckers! (yeah yeah that has more to do with computers deciding to go with a slightly different widescreen aspect ratio)
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294699

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
This is not a big deal, and anyone who thinks it is needs to get a life. If missing 80 pixels in exchange for a solid frame rate is a big problem you need to stop playing games.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294702

BBboy20;294695 wrote:
I've been thinking and while this shouldn't be a big deal, it should be into considerations of what negative effects this might produce if such things as this continue on into the next line-up of games.
This is the big thing I see wrong with it. "OMG Bungie did it why don't we...?" Bungie being the leader of SALES makes it a potentially big negative effect in the future.Don't have the software to be able to do it and not do it.
[gamercard]Alpha Factor[/gamercard]

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 5 months ago #294705

• Lord Moon
  • Stage A - 1
GH33DA;294688 wrote:
What you're describing is accurate. But, that's really not resolution as much as it is you're looking at something really close up.I'm really hunger so if this doesn't make sense, I'll try again tomorrow.Thing of it as you only get so many dots to fill up the same exact space. The more dots you are allowed, the more accurately you can display something. Using 20% more dots to draw a diagonal line on the same amount of space gives you a clearer line.I'm sorry, that's the best I can do right now. GH33DA needs food.
So basically everyone is arguing about these 80 extra missing pixels that in reality if added wouldn't make that much of difference.Sounds to me like everyone is arguing about nothing.Either way from the screen shots I've seen ya'll post, it looks damn better than Halo 2.