Forum

TOPIC: Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294678

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Karazy;294675 wrote:
Saying that you wouldn't have known is fucking based on ignorance, Blackwolf. I, like Alpha, noticed on the first day and first level of playing it. Jesus fucking christ, get your head out of your pompous ass.Edit: Also, look at these.[OMG HUGE PIC]Delicious jaggies taken from a screen cap device, NOT the Theater.
omm nom nom nom, low res is so tasty
Adding those 80 or so pixels would not have made those jags go away, if anything it would be an AA issue (Which some PC games have been having problems with, such as Medal of Honor: AA)Even if that was an issue, It still looks fine to me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294679

Adding the 80 pixels back would've made a momentous difference. If you have a flatscreen LCD near you, run a game in a resolution that's lower than the LCD's native. Now, run that same game in that same resolution on a CRT that has a higher native res than the game's res. Check the difference.It looks a LOT worse on LCDs when it's lower than native.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294680

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
Karazy;294679 wrote:
Adding the 80 pixels back would've made a momentous difference. If you have a flatscreen LCD near you, run a game in a resolution that's lower than the LCD's native. Now, run that same game in that same resolution on a CRT that has a higher native res than the game's res. Check the difference.It looks a LOT worse on LCDs when it's lower than native.
I have an HDTV, It's native resolution is 720p. In Halo 3, I can't tell the difference.Why you may ask? Because the 360 is upscaling it TO 720p, as far as I know it is running at 720p, just being upscaled that little bit (As it would be for 1080p). The game is not being outputted at 640p (or whatever it is) on the TV screen (If it was, my HDTV would freak out because it does not support it)I don't think this is a big deal, the game looks fine on my TV. I could also find a shit load of jaggies in alot of games if I pause them and analyze them into oblivion (Unless they are on a PC with my graphics card :-D ). BUT, that's me, some people really care about every last pixel, as you do. Again, if the game was running at 480p and being upscaled, I would be really pissed... but it's running at a resolution really close to 720p, for technical and frame rate reasons (Like Blackwolf, I would rather have the game run smooth then have it dip in the middle of the game)Maybe I'm just fucked up, what can I say :cool:

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294681

It's easy to get passed once you get immersed into the game. Yes, that I would agree with. But first glances just irk me so much...But hey, looks like Bungie won't do anything about it besides offer some stupid comments that add spin on the subject. So, whatever. I'll deal with sub-HD Halo 3.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/kareeji/arrowheadsig.jpg?t=1268771428
Twitter: hifibryYoutube: kareeji

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294682

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Karazy, I honestly DID notice the jaggies, as well. But, being a mostly PC gamer, I just kinda said meh and chalked it up to the price you pay for the cheapness of the console.Side note. I wonder if this were a Sony exclusive game how this thread would turn out.
Valleys Of NeptuneBuckFarack187;366915 wrote:
I don\'t even know why I still try.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294683

• Token White Guy
  • Stage A - 1
  • Thank you received: 1
GH33DA;294682 wrote:
Karazy, I honestly DID notice the jaggies, as well. But, being a mostly PC gamer, I just kinda said meh and chalked it up to the price you pay for the cheapness of the console.Side note. I wonder if this were a Sony exclusive game how this thread would turn out.
Sony_San and Sully907 defending their prize possession.

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294684

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
Karazy;294675 wrote:
Saying that you wouldn't have known is fucking based on ignorance, Blackwolf. I, like Alpha, noticed on the first day and first level of playing it. Jesus fucking christ, get your head out of your pompous ass.
How come you didn't come out and say "hey, this is running at a lower resolution" right after you first played it? I mean, you mentioned the jaggies that you noticed immediately (I did check your post history) but that has nothing to do with the resolution of the initial image before upscaling - that has everything to do with anti-aliasing, which is independent of the screen resolution. If anything, the jaggies would have been even more prominent if they rendered the screen in 720p isntead of 640p.However, if you did notice the mixing pixels on the first level (and just didn't tell anyone) I commend you for your eyesight. I wish I had as good eyes as you do, seriously. I wouldn't have been able to notice had the Internet not told me.(Can we please be a little more civil in the replies to other posters? Nobody here is from Bungie, so there's no point in namecalling other posters. Discussion and debate is wholly encouraged, but once it degenerates into namecalling is when I start having to come in as an admin rather than a gamer, and I hate that.)
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294685

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
Blackwolf;294684 wrote:
If anything, the jaggies would have been even more prominent if they rendered the screen in 720p isntead of 640p.
what?

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294686

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
GH33DA;294685 wrote:
what?
Correct me. To me, it seems the higher the resolution (without extending any aliasing) it would just make them even more noticeable. Just like how when I play games at E3/GDC and are standing one foot from the TV, I can see all the imperfections that much clearer.But you know more about this than I do, so if I said it wrong, correct me.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Halo 3 not running in HD confirmed by Bungie 12 years 6 months ago #294688

• GH33DA
  • Stage A - 1
What you're describing is accurate. But, that's really not resolution as much as it is you're looking at something really close up.I'm really hunger so if this doesn't make sense, I'll try again tomorrow.Thing of it as you only get so many dots to fill up the same exact space. The more dots you are allowed, the more accurately you can display something. Using 20% more dots to draw a diagonal line on the same amount of space gives you a clearer line.I'm sorry, that's the best I can do right now. GH33DA needs food.