Forum

TOPIC: Dead 360 Thread

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #364633

• Vizruy
  • Level 6
Mine died today. I hadn't turned it on in two weeks, the Xbox logo started to play and it then froze. After that, I turned it off and on... And be hold!!!: The dreaded RROD.
[gamercard]Vizruy[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #364635

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Sent mine off to Texas just a few days ago. Hoping to have it back soon because I am having SERIOUS Rock Band withdrawls.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #364983

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Not to double post, but they just got it yesterday and they sent it back on its way to me today. That's...weird. I checked every possible way to try and get the damn thing to work (unplugging and plugging things in in various orders, changing the output cables, holding the power button, any dumb thing I could think of). So, that's super uncommon. If I get it back and there's still a problem, could it be based off of bad cables I have or something?

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #364986

• Sully907
  • Stage A - 1
I think all the companies send you out a refurb as soon as they get yours, so that's probably explains the quick turnaround time.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #364992

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
Yeah, you never get your own console back. I don't think anyone ever has.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #365012

• Vizruy
  • Level 6
Sully907;364986 wrote:
I think all the companies send you out a refurb as soon as they get yours, so that's probably explains the quick turnaround time.
I hope so, do they give you any else back for the inconvenience?Live trials, download codes, etc?I sent out mine on Tuesday afternoon, it was received in Mesquite, TX this morning.
[gamercard]Vizruy[/gamercard]

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #365015

• -Beck-
  • Stage A - 1
Ezekiel;364992 wrote:
Yeah, you never get your own console back. I don't think anyone ever has.
First off, that's kind of bullshit. I guess there are a lot of problems though so it makes sense. So I inheret someone else's problems. And the other thing is that I payed for the one I wanted, and expected to have it for a decent lifespan, not a year and a half. I swear to god if I get a white console back and not an elite, I'm just going to sell it and buy a new machine.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #365024

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
-Beck-;365015 wrote:
First off, that's kind of bullshit. I guess there are a lot of problems though so it makes sense. So I inheret someone else's problems. And the other thing is that I payed for the one I wanted, and expected to have it for a decent lifespan, not a year and a half. I swear to god if I get a white console back and not an elite, I'm just going to sell it and buy a new machine.
Oh no, you'll get an Elite back, it just might not be "your" Elite. But they won't give you a different version of the console.

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #365025

-Beck-;365015 wrote:
I swear to god if I get a white console back and not an elite, I'm just going to sell it and buy a new machine.
YEAH. THAT WILL TEACH MICROSOFT!
[gamercard]J0HN McCLANE[/gamercard]PSN ID: J0HN-666-McCLANE

Dead 360 Thread 10 years 6 months ago #365027

• Ezekiel
  • Stage A - 1
yeah, same type of console, just not yours. i did a little test before with my first return too. i put little knicks in the case all over it in specific little spots, checked those spots when i got it back, not there!though that could easily mean they just replace the case, it was later proven they send you a refurb so i was like 8) and high fived my dogs then i was like "WHAAT?!?!? HOW CAN I HIGH FIVE YOU YOU ARE BUT A DOG"and then they were like "chill have a smoke" and i was like ":/" because they tried to peer pressure me and i was like "no thanks. i get high on LIFE" and fucking decked'm.not putting up with that shit.