Forum

TOPIC: Dead 360 Thread

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245004

• Burr
  • Thank you received: 6
I've got a crap ass Thompson, but fortunately I don't have to actually use it, heheh.. >_>
Co-host of Cat & Fox on AllGames.com!

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245006

I fixed my 360 when it had red lights, and when i opened my 360 i found some pretty shitty thermal paste here's some pics:
So what i did was buy some Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste and Arcticlean and it runs fine now. Not that i play it much anymore, since the Wii that is :)

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245055

Bought: 01/13/06Died: 11/23/06Symptom: Locking up, red lights.Caused by: While playing Gears of WarFixed: By myself - the towel trickBought from: CompUsaManufacture date: 11/30/2005Console Type: PremiumFall Update: No
Veronica Belmont = No Double Dragons :([gamercard]dblnutcustard[/gamercard]

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245089

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Chinese_Fury wrote:
Fixed: By myself - the towel trick
Know I am going to regret this ... but what is the towel trick?
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245101

I would like to pass some info to you all that has helped me out. From MaxConsole~
"I had three red lights for a week tried it everyday and no joy last night i tried something i wrapped it up in a towel covering the backside over the fans and left it on for 10 mins blocking all air holes and guess what i turned it off and on and it worked no problems i have played it for ages and nothing its fine why is this any ideas??"
So my 360 is also experiencing the red light problem, I have called MS cs and they have a box enroute for my 360. So I'm thinking what was the last thing that I did before mine froze up. I was playing GoW. I figuire I have nothing to lose by trying this and it won't void the warranty because I am not openning up the 360 so what the heck.I kid you not it worked for me. You have nothing to lose at this point. Give it a try.

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245192

Second Dead 360Bought: Replacement unit received 12/23/06 Died: 11/30/06Symptom: Locking up at opening Xbox logo, 3 red lightsCaused by: 11/30/06 Dashboard Update (i think)Fixed: 12/18/06 (got a replacement unit, Manufacture date 06/05/2006)Bought from: replacement unit from MSManufacture date: 11/12/05 (Still covered under warranty since it was made in 2005)After we setup the return of the system the Indian cust support lady goesXbox: "Jonathan, I'm sure you are a hard core gamer"Me: "Yeah, I guess so"Xbox: "Do you know what game comes out on Monday?"Me: "Um no"Xbox: "Halo 3 will be coming out Monday, so when you get your console back you will be able to play it."Me: "(sarcastically) Really? Ok, I'll do that"Xbox: "Good"I'm assuming she was talking about the Halo 3 trailer.
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245193

• Krysis
  • Stage A - 1
I am guessing that he was also refering to the fact that the sign-up for the Halo 3 beta begins on Monday as well.
^^^Mote^^^
Myspace

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245197

• BBboy20
  • Stage A - 1
I had some red lights but it never effected the 360. =/
Signature

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245199

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
No, I think the person was just clueless. When I called in this 360, the guy I spoke with had to ask me three times how the hell I got Gears of War early. It was Wednesday, the day after it released in stores - but Emergence Day wasn't until Sunday, and he was determined to tell me that the game wasn't out until Sunday. He also said the HD-DVD addon was most likely coming the week before Christmas, when in fact it was coming out the following day from when I called.Second Dead 360Bought: Replacement unit received 10/30/06Died: 11/13/06Symptom: Pink Dotted Lines in Gears of War after 10 minutes (and after 45 minutes in Ninety-Nine Nights)Caused by: Being a faulty GPU that just got overworkedFixed: Coffin with 360 shipped on 11/29/06Bought from: replacement unit from MSManufacture date: January, 2006 - still under 30 day warranty from last repair
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245231

Blackwolf, since you are on 360 unit #2What are your plans once this is out of warranty?I'm sure you saw my post about the Micro Center Rebate deal going on. (ends this month)I'm planning on having my brother stop and get me one as a back-up 360.