Forum

TOPIC: Dead 360 Thread

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 4 months ago #236834

• C0lin
  • Stage A - 1
Wait, how does one abuse the shipping of a bad console?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 4 months ago #236843

• Blackwolf
  • Stage A - 1
C0lin wrote:
Wait, how does one abuse the shipping of a bad console?
Apparently a whole bunch of people received shipping boxes and never sent their consoles in.Yeah, I don't buy it either.
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 4 months ago #236845

i actually heard quite a bit about people calling in to say they had a broken system, and then not having serial numbers or anything. i think some of it was from actual MS employees too. i remember stories about it being all over places like digg.that was a long time ago, but i should dig that up.
- six years and counting, damn -

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 4 months ago #237050

• Shady45
  • Level 10
Bought: 01/03/06Died: 02/?/06Symptom: Locking up, red lights.Caused by: UnknownFixed: Replaced by Microsoft for freeBought from: Best BuyManufacture date: November?The one I got back from MS broke again in a month. I went back to best buy to exchange it since I had warranty and this one has been perfect ever since. It's also one of the newer models.
[gamercard]shady45v2[/gamercard]

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #244156

• SageClaw
  • Stage B - 3
Bought: 12/15/05Died: 11/21/05Symptom: DVD Rom drive refused to recognize that a disc was inserted (no matter the media). Everything else functions fine. No red lights.Caused by: UnknownFixed: Will be replaced by Microsoft, no charge, have to pay shipping to them. Sending tomorrow. Bought from: AAFESManufacture date: November somethingEven though I had occasional red light issues... this is the one thing that finally killed it.EDIT: Sent on Monday Morning. Got there Wed Morning at 8:35 am (got to love the online tracking) didn't get an e-mail from them saying they got it until Thursday 7:12pm. They say they are working on it. Shipping and the insurance = 18 bucks.EDIT PART II: Got it back on the 8th. So it took 2 days shy of 2 weeks to get it back and they didn't even send back the one I sent them. Funny thing is, they had me take everything off it, to include the faceplate but sent me one back with a faceplate. Ah well, that's the one I am going to paint up as an experiment. : )
"Well if I knew what I was talking about do you really think I would waste it on an Internet Forum?" SageClaw

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #244161

• gk128
  • Stage A - 1
I just realized I never put mine down...Bought: January 2006Died: 11/02/06Symptom: Lock up followed by 3 lightsCaused by: Rainbow Six: Vegas DemoFixed:By MS Free of charge. Except shippingBought From: Wal-MartManufacture Date: 12/28/05

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #244991

I think mine is dead again. It froze 3 times when trying to play Gears and twice trying to log in. :(
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #244995

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Well I don't have a 360 but my XBox is dying. For some stupid reason its not loading some games but it loads and plays other perfectly fine. It makes no sense at all since games I never had a problem with before now magically don't load. I need to call them apparently to get it fixed, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it. My warrenty is long since up, but its not even two years old. Thats bullshit. So basically I'll just bitch to them until they agree to pay for everything, or just say fuck it and never buy another MS console again since this seems to be a common problem.

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #244998

• Flavius
  • Stage A - 1
Arandar wrote:
Well I don't have a 360 but my XBox is dying. For some stupid reason its not loading some games but it loads and plays other perfectly fine. It makes no sense at all since games I never had a problem with before now magically don't load. I need to call them apparently to get it fixed, but I'll be damned if I'm going to pay for it. My warrenty is long since up, but its not even two years old. Thats bullshit. So basically I'll just bitch to them until they agree to pay for everything, or just say fuck it and never buy another MS console again since this seems to be a common problem.
Could be an optical drive problem...are you getting a DD error?If so, likely a hell of a lot cheaper to pick up a replacement drive and just do the swap yourself. Takes a couple of torx bits and about 5 minutes of your time. You can find replacement drives for as little as $30 or so nowadays. I've got a launch day Thomson drive Xbox and...*knocks on wood*...still running like a champ.

Dead 360 Thread 13 years 2 months ago #245003

• Arandar
  • Stage A - 1
Flavius wrote:
Could be an optical drive problem...are you getting a DD error? If so, likely a hell of a lot cheaper to pick up a replacement drive and just do the swap yourself. Takes a couple of torx bits and about 5 minutes of your time. You can find replacement drives for as little as $30 or so nowadays. I've got a launch day Thomson drive Xbox and...*knocks on wood*...still running like a champ.
No I think I have the good driver. I forget which brand but the one with the two holes in the tray. And I only get the dirty disk on some games sometimes. I mean like literally the game won't load at all. I put it in and turn the system on and its just a black screen. This happens with KOTOR now for some stupid reason(KOTOR 2 when it loads freezes when you have to press start at that first menu every single time), even though I have never had a single problem with the game before, yet Morrowind runs perfectly fine for me. Then in other games they freeze, run slow, or sometimes just shut off. Its starting to piss me off actually and to be honest while I want to keep my XBox and play my games, its not something I am going to spend a bunch of money on to fix.