Forum

  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: PGR2 Long Beach Pack

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2304

  • Daggett
  • Daggett's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 2
  • Posts: 70
  • Karma: 32
After dishing out the $5 for it, I can say it was WELL worth it. All of the included cars are unique, and the Radical S3 Turbo is now my pick for best car in the game. The Long Beach tracks are FUN, and they have the usual landmarks ( the Aquarium, the Convention Center, and the Queen Mary out in the distance). All while having megastations KROQ and Power 106 on the soundtrack.Anyone else got it?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2307

  • MusicFan
  • MusicFan's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 1834
  • Karma: 382
Daggett wrote:
After dishing out the $5 for it, I can say it was WELL worth it. All of the included cars are unique, and the Radical S3 Turbo is now my pick for best car in the game. The Long Beach tracks are FUN, and they have the usual landmarks ( the Aquarium, the Convention Center, and the Queen Mary out in the distance). All while having megastations KROQ and Power 106 on the soundtrack.Anyone else got it?
Hmmm... KROQ, I must get this.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2313

  • MageMasher
  • MageMasher's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3231
  • Karma: 799
Daggett wrote:
After dishing out the $5 for it, I can say it was WELL worth it. All of the included cars are unique, and the Radical S3 Turbo is now my pick for best car in the game. The Long Beach tracks are FUN, and they have the usual landmarks ( the Aquarium, the Convention Center, and the Queen Mary out in the distance). All while having megastations KROQ and Power 106 on the soundtrack.Anyone else got it?
yeah its waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Paris
My Last.fm page
It all began with...birth by sleep.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2334

  • Sub-Z
  • Sub-Z's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 795
  • Karma: 499
Sorry I can't support this practice of paying $50 a year for XBL to begin with to be ALLOWED to spend more money on bonus packs that should be freebies. Instead they nickle and dime you to death. Honestly I hated to see people go "awww it's only $4.99 I will click it" when the Paris one came out. What makes this really bad is what if in the future game makers decide to hold back already made content and not put it in the full game and decide they will just release it a piece at a time after you already bought the "full" for $50?
Excuse me while I take a G-Phoria and wipe my Geoff Keighley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2358

  • InnerLogic
  • InnerLogic's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 2923
  • Karma: 1341
Sub-Z wrote:
Sorry I can't support this practice of paying $50 a year for XBL to begin with to be ALLOWED to spend more money on bonus packs that should be freebies. Instead they nickle and dime you to death. Honestly I hated to see people go "awww it's only $4.99 I will click it" when the Paris one came out. What makes this really bad is what if in the future game makers decide to hold back already made content and not put it in the full game and decide they will just release it a piece at a time after you already bought the "full" for $50?
looks like someone can't afford the pack :wink:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2363

  • Blackwolf
  • Blackwolf's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 5916
  • Karma: 2573
Don't worry, Sub-Z's never been one to support the programmers or content designers of the games he plays. He's one of those people who feels that game designers should be in the game industry to see the smiles on people's faces, not for the money.Which is why I'm glad he doesn't use any of the software I create. :>
"Blackwolf tends to offend the same people all the time, he\'s got such a pattern it\'s almost funny. The whole spammer/think I\'m smart/argueing for arguement\'s sake clan tends to always end up at odds with Blackwolf." -BamBam
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2381

  • Flavius
  • Flavius's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage A - 1
  • Posts: 3085
  • Karma: 239
Blackwolf wrote:
Don't worry, Sub-Z's never been one to support the programmers or content designers of the games he plays. He's one of those people who feels that game designers should be in the game industry to see the smiles on people's faces, not for the money.Which is why I'm glad he doesn't use any of the software I create. :>
What, you mean he DOESN'T have a copy of VurtualHawtChickz 3000?:PHaven't been on XBL in forever...I'll have to give this one a look. I'm more than willing to pay $5 to extend the life of what I feel is one of the best racing games currently on the market.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2456

  • Sub-Z
  • Sub-Z's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Level 10
  • Posts: 795
  • Karma: 499
I am for people making money, but I just see a bad trend rising. "Haven't been on XBL in forever...I'll have to give this one a look. I'm more than willing to pay $5 to extend the life of what I feel is one of the best racing games currently on the market."$5 once isn't that bad, but PGR2 has released two already in a very short period of time they may have 2 more in the next few weeks and it could just keep going. All of the sudden that $50 game is now $70. Then go back to my theory of limited original content in the future. It could turn out bad.I remember PC baseball games in the early 90's that would actually charge for STADIUM PACKS. Of current MLB stadiums. It would only ship with half of them.
Excuse me while I take a G-Phoria and wipe my Geoff Keighley.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #2468

yeah the truth is $5 isnt bad but the trend of paying it every time now is rediculous. all of the new stuff has been premium and im not really taking kindly to it. the only game i would pay for content now is probably counter strike and we all know that were not getting anymore maps.
[gamercard]Stonecoldfreak1[/gamercard]
The administrator has disabled public write access.

PGR2 Long Beach Pack 15 years 1 month ago #3361

  • Lnin0
  • Lnin0's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Stage B - 3
  • Posts: 978
  • Karma: 10
Sub-Z wrote:
$5 once isn't that bad, but PGR2 has released two already in a very short period of time they may have 2 more in the next few weeks and it could just keep going. All of the sudden that $50 game is now $70. Then go back to my theory of limited original content in the future. It could turn out bad.
Well, frankly I don't see the difference between this and the numerous expansion packs people buy for PC games without hesitation. Nobody is crying about EA milking all its major franchises with $15-20 expansion packs.Anyway, I'm getting off topic but the Long Beach pack is a good one, far better than Paris. The Radical is probably one of the best cars in the game and along with it you get the VW Nardo W12, the rare Impreza 22b and the actaul Long Beach Grand Prix course.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2