Forum

TOPIC: The Xbox and Modding

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2308

Sub-Z wrote:
Newbs. 8)
enlighten us
"It's like they deep fried delicious goodness and squared it... into a triangle." (BloodShotRobot, PAX08 )
"[Optimus] Prime is like Jack Bauer without all the issues" (Redmond, AGI Episode 211)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2309

• MusicFan
  • Stage A - 1
Digital*Firefly wrote:
Sub-Z wrote:
Newbs. 8)
enlighten us
What he said.
Psychonauts - The Greatest Game EVER! - Coming April 19th, The National Holiday Known As "The Release Of The Excellent Game Psychonauts Day"

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2347

• Tulare
  • Stage A - 1
MusicFan wrote:
Digital*Firefly wrote:
MusicFan wrote:
No, I want to be able to use Xbox Live.
I'm pretty sure you can turn the chip off and play on Xbox live with no problem.
Nope, once the system is modded the service is disabled.
Well, from the research I did, I strongly considered it, just didn't do it in the end. You can't use XBL with a game from the hard drive, but there are chips that can be turned off and you can use XBL with an actual game disk. In the future when the Xbox is about to be a last gen system, I'm sure I'll do it then.

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2357

• Thuggalo
  • Level 1
If I had the money, modding knowledge, and the motivation to mod my xbox i would but I dont have those things. I would give up playing on live if I could burn a ton of games to my xbox without ever having to pay a dime...there is always xbconnect
Im About To Enroll In Columbine And Finish the Fucking Job

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2389

• agn
  • Administrator
I would but i want to play Xbox Live, i should just get a second xbox and mod it for single player and all the other stuff. But i cant put another device under my tv or it will probably explode.
[gamercard]agn[/gamercard]Join the allgames community

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2439

• Sub-Z
  • Level 10
I got wire soldered to my dipswitches on my chip then got external switches from Radio Shack and put in an external HD bay. A fun little weekend project that turned into a week long mess. But I finally got it. :-D
Excuse me while I take a G-Phoria and wipe my Geoff Keighley.

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2455

• InnerLogic
  • Stage A - 1
MusicFan wrote:
Digital*Firefly wrote:
MusicFan wrote:
No, I want to be able to use Xbox Live.
I'm pretty sure you can turn the chip off and play on Xbox live with no problem.
Nope, once the system is modded the service is disabled.
You can use Xbox Live with a modded xbox, all you have to do is turn off the chip, and make sure it goes to the normal XBOX dashboard.You can also softmod your box by using gamesave as well, which makes you load up the game, then load the save. If you don't do that, then it's just a normal xbox.

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2457

• Sub-Z
  • Level 10
Yeah but then you get into hard drive locking and other mess if you use a large HD on your xbox. It is best to just swap em if you can.
Excuse me while I take a G-Phoria and wipe my Geoff Keighley.

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2466

MS has been known to search the hard drives of xbox live users to make sure they havent got any programs used with a modded xbox. so its not really a good idea to play it online. as for me i do have a modded xbox. got it done because my first hard drive went bad when my brother dropped the thing. the kid even had the nerve to blame it on me. why he would blame it on me? i dont know but i was just playing test drive one day and started to get a bunch of errors. anyways after that my dad looked and saw you could put in a new hard drive with a mod chip and it will work fine so we did that. i did go out and buy another xbox though just for live so everything works perfect now.
[gamercard]Stonecoldfreak1[/gamercard]

The Xbox and Modding 15 years 1 month ago #2642

• arefx
  • Stage A - 1
you CAN play on live iwth a modded box, just install a switch to turn it off, but if you do have it on make sure not to accidently click a live menu, or you will be banned. Just play it safe and find a used/refurbished xbox for cheap and mod that.
EvilWall wrote:
One of my best friends always tells me, "If you want a girl to stay with you, you have to eat her ass".
The Matrix;288931 wrote:
fuckin\' brit teeth eating sno-shit, jesus man
This post posted via rooted and overclocked droid x running at 1,345Mhz undervolted with LIBERTY 1.5 and adw.launcher ex through xscope pro